Chapter 23 Gotta Know Your Friend

The next morning, we decided to train Lloyd a bit. We got our very best gear. Oven mits, pots, pans and the like.

"Fist of Fury!" Lloyd declared. "You can't even see a move! I'm so fast!" He laughed while punching Kai's 'gloves'.

"Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy." Kai told him. "Oh please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me." Lloyd jumped up, and kicked Kai back into the oven.

"Oh. Ouch." I winced. "Easy, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe." Kai bragged.

"I see the student has become the teacher." Wu said as he sipped some tea. "You will learn fast Lloyd, with lessons from the five ninja."

"Great." Cole adjusted the pot on his head. "Now that that lesson's over, how 'bout some target practice. On Kai!" "I call first dibs!" I said a bit to eagerly. Kai looked worried.

"You'll each get your turn. But first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya." Wu told Lloyd. "Aww. But when am I gonna learn Spinjitzu?" Lloyd wined.

"Patience." Sensei sighed. "It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found." Lloyd groaned and headed for the roof.

"Sound familiar?" Cole chuckled. "I wasn't that winey." Kai retorted. "Yeah you were." I smirked. "No, Omar. He was worse." Zane smirked.

"Guys, I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but it's hard to give him the best training in these conditions." Jay told us.

"Jay's right. I miss the Destiny's Bounty. Too bad it's gone." Cole said sadly. "Yeah, that's too bad." I added.

"I see your point. Perhaps we could find somewhere else to aid in his journey." Wu said. "Let's get to work!" I pulled out my phone and looked up the closest available training center.

That's when I remembered that we didn't set up any wifi yet. So we walked out to the sidewalk and discussed.

"It's time we searched Ninjago City for a more suitable place to train Lloyd." Sensei said. "Ugh. But Sensei, Ninjago City is huge! It'll take us all day to find it on foot!" Jay sulked.

"And without our Golden Weapons, we have no Spinjitzu vehicles! How are we going to get around town?" Zane asked. Sensei paused.

"You will learn to travel with these." Sensei pulled out a coin from a fold in his gi. "What are those?" Cole asked.

"Ooh!! Pick me! I know! I know!" I bounced up and down like Lloyd on a sugar high. "They can transport you anywhere you want to go, in the city." Sensei explained.

"Like a magic portal?" Kai asked. "Ooh! Or a Spinjitzu vortex?" Jay said excitedly. "Are you two serious? Why don't you know what these are?" I asked them. Cole grabbed it.

"Hey. Wait a minute... these are bus tokens!" Cole said angrily. Sensei chuckled. As we boarded the bus, I facepalmed.

Just when I thought I was done with public transportation. We rode for about five minutes, before getting off in front of a dojo.

"This is where Lloyd is going to train?" Cole asked. "It's better than our dumpy apartment." Jay chuckled. "Anything's better than our dumpy apartment." I groaned.

When we got inside, a fat man in a brown jumpsuit walked out through a bead curtain to greet us.

"Welcome, to Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo. I am Grand Sensei Dareth, and I dare 'th' you to join my dojo." He said before preforming the drunkest kick of ever seen.

We backed away slowly, before he made a few more dopey moves. And got tangled in the curtain somehow.

I tried to send a telepathic message to the guys. 'Go go go!' My brain screamed.