Chapter 3 Spinjitsu Power Inside

The next day, I was woken up by arguing.

"I'm just saying, HD is much better than SD on so many levels!" Jay shouted. "It might have better quality, but SD saves so much more battery!" Cole snapped back.

I got up to get some water. "Would you two stop arguing? You're giving me a headache." I yelled down the hall.

"Well, well looks like Jittery woke up." Jay said. "My name is Omar!" I yelled back. I went over to the video game room where Cole and Jay were.

"By the way, where's Zane?" I asked. "He's making breakfast." Jay said. "Thanks, Mouth of Lightning." I said with a smirk. I walked over to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Omar." Zane said "Hey, Zane." I responded. "What's for breakfast?" I asked. "I am making pancakes today." He responded. "Well, I'm going to do a little training. Call me when breakfast is ready." I said.

I went to the training course outside the monastery to find Sensei Wu drinking tea. "Hey Sensei, would you mind if I did some training?"

"I would be fine with that. You could not have come at a better time. I was just about to put away my tea. You will also need this." Sensei Wu handed me a small wooden sword.

"To learn Spinjitsu, you must complete the training course before I finish my tea." I was ready. Or at least I thought I was.

By the time I got past the axe-murderer dummy, I faced off against the first round of planks again. This time, I got past them, but the next dummy kicked me into a wall.

"Fail." Sensei said calmly. I don't know about you, but I don't take 'fail' for an answer. I got back up and started again.

This time, I got to the middle successfully, but Sensei finished his tea! "Fail." He said again. Drat.

I ran through the training course unsuccessfully about 10 more times, until I saw what was going on. Sensei was finishing his tea by the middle of the course!

So, I took a look at my sword, and thought. It can't be just offense. Defense and distraction is a thing too.

"Let's do this one more time." I said with a smirk of confidence.

I attacked those training dummies with ease, but then, in the middle of the course, I could see Sensei Wu finishing his tea again! Man, that guy drinks tea fast!

I looked at the sword for a moment. Just when he has about to finish his tea, I flung the sword at him. The sword collided with with his hand causing the cup to fly into the wall.

Then, the rest of the course was a breeze. By the time Sensei picked up his cup, I was done.

"Very good," Sensei said with a smile. "You will learn your element tomorrow."

"But what about Spinjitsu?" I asked sadly. "You have already learned it." Sensei replied. "It just needs to be unlocked. Come.  Zane has most likely finished breakfast."

Zane had finished breakfast by the time Sensei and I got there. It was delicious! "Zane, this is amazing!" I said. "Thank you very much." he replied.

"Well," Sensei said "I must go to get something." I will return in about four days." "Four days!?" I said, quite shocked. "Why would it take you four days just to get one thing?" I asked.

"You will understand when you are meant to, not a moment sooner." He responded. That annoyed me.

Before he left, he did tell us to hide in a small cave slightly under the monastery when the fourth day came. There was food and water so we could stay alive.

Now all we had to do was wait...