Chapter 12 To Know Your Enemy

The next day, we got up to do our various tasks.

Kai was checking his game scores. Cole was testing his horrible soups. Zane was doing laundry. Jay was testing out the new sparring-bot, and I was sorting the weapons.

After dumping out all the weapons, Lloyd came in, hopefully to help.

"Hey Omar. I saw Jay using your glaive to chop those extra-hard pieces of metal for the sparring-bot. You might want to talk to him about that. See you later!"

He walked away,  leaving me fuming as I saw my best glaive blades broken into several small pieces. "JAY!!!" I screamed.

I ran into the hallway right in front of our room to find the others arguing about their own problems.

"You couldn't just be happy with the top score! You had to rub it in my face!" Kai yelled at Cole.

"You know how long it took me to make that? Three days! THREE DAYS!!" Cole screamed at me.

"How am I going to train now? You wrecked my best glaive!!" I shouted at Jay.

"It's an unsaid law, okay? You don't touch a mans robot!" Jay snapped at Zane. "How am I supposed to strike fear in this? It's pink!!" Zane shrieked at Kai.

We all bursted into argument again, only to be interrupted by Lloyd's evil laughter. "You did this?!" We all growled angrily.

"Boys, I get first dibs on him!" Cole growled as he started towards Lloyd. "Not if I shave his head first!!" I rushed in front of Cole and yanked out my Golden Glaive.

Sensei stepped in front of Lloyd, shielding him from our wrath. "No dibs. I put him up to this for today's lesson. I wanted to teach you about the destructive power of rumors, and how jumping to conclusions can only lead to trouble. Did you seek to find out if any of the accusations were true?" Sensei asked us.

"No offense, Sensei, but let me jump to this conclusion. Today's lesson is lame." Cole shrugged. "Yeah, why can't we learn how to paralyze an enemy with one finger? Or to see if a man is lying by the twitch of his nose?" Jay asked.

"Because not all lessons are about fighting! And also because I misplaced my lesson book." Sensei said quietly. Kai pulled Sensei's book from Lloyd's back pocket.

"You mean this lesson book?" He gave it back to Sensei. "It was the perfect plan! Until you had to go and mess everything up with-" we closed the door in front of Lloyd so we couldn't hear him.

"Talk to the door. It's a great listener." I smirked. "If you guys are done fooling around, I could use some help on the Bridge. We do still have a snake problem to attend to. Over and out." Nya said through the speaker.

"It's one thing having the son of your nemesis live with you, but having my sister here? I mean come on! I thought this was a ninja headquarters!" Kai said wildly.

"You do know I can hear you. Over and out!" Nya said through the speaker. "Roasted by your little sister. So sad." I said to Kai sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

We made our way to the Bridge and listened to Nya's analysis. "Last we heard of Pythor, he'd stolen the Map of Dens from Lloyd and was on his way to release the last two serpentine tribes."

"Don't remind me." Lloyd groaned. "Pythor is our most dangerous threat. If he finds those tombs before we do, with his intellect and all five tribes unleashed, there's no telling what he'll do." Sensei warned.

"But those tombs could be anywhere! Without the map of dens we might as well through darts at a map!" Jay said. "Good idea. Why don't we?" Nya pulled out two darts and threw them, over Kai's head onto the map. They hit two specific locations.