All Within My Hands

All Within My Hands

20th September   (27 weeks and 6 days)

Declan's POV

I groaned as I heard my phone beeping again, I swear Bell has been awake for hours and is just torturing me into not having any sleep either. I rolled over in our bed and reached out for my phone and looked at the screen as it was brightly lit, holy fuck, sixteen texts since the last bundle she sent me. I know she's going crazy being locked up in that hospital as she waits for the babies to be born, but fucking hell, she can at least let me get some rest too, I've been flat out working on trying to get our house built. I sighed and opened the messages and groaned more as another came through as I tried to open them, so instead of replying, I called her instead.

"It's about time Babe, gosh, I'm craving some of those croissants with the jam and cream, do you think you could bring some in for me, you are coming in right, you're not going to leave me here all day without seeing you again are you , because that'll piss me off even more." she rattled off, I thought it was best to let her say what she needed to, it was safer that way.

"Babe, I won't be able to get there until visiting hours, and that's in like three hours, you do realise that it's not even six in the morning, and it's still dark outside." I said with a yawn, I rolled back and looked up at the ceiling, I could sleep for the rest of the day, I feel like bloody shit right now.

"But Babe, please." she whined, she never listens to a word I say, she's lucky I love her, and of course I'm a sucker, so I'll get her those damn croissants.

"Fine, I'll be there at about nine, is that alright?" I chuckled when I heard her little squeal, I think  she's ok with that.

"Just make sure you get strawberry jam, and not that apricot shit, your boys hate that crap and so do I." she chirped, now she sounds better, it's either because she'll be seeing me soon or getting her food, my bet is on the food.

"I know Baby, no apricot." I laughed, silly girl cracked the biggest fit one day because I had gotten the wrong jam, I never knew it was such a crime to do so, I thought it tasted pretty good.

"Good boy, love you Baby." she said, a smile instantly filling my face at her words.

"I love you too, bye Babe." I said before disconnecting the call, I threw the phone beside me and tried to close my eyes again, she shouldn't need to text me again, so maybe I could get another hour or two sleep. I don't even know why I bothered, the sounds of Summer shouting through the house probably woke the whole fucking neighbourhood, what the hell? 

"Declan, time to get up." she called out as she banged on the door, then I heard her do the same to Nick's, why? I was just getting into that sleep. I slowly dragged my ass out of bed and grabbed a shirt, I slowly made my way to the door and opened it, the hallway was bare, but the sounds of Nick's door opening and a very tired looking Nick walked out.

"Does she not know that it's Sunday? Sunday is sleep day." Nick grumbled as he joined me in the hall and we slowly dragged our tired asses down stairs.

"Does she know that you asked Lani to marry you , at her birthday party?' I asked in the same tone, damn Bell, I'm turning my phone off tonight and getting some decent sleep, this is fucking ridiculous, and it's been the same every night for the past three weeks.

"No, I am still trying to find the right words, I know Lani has told her Mum, I'm not sure her Dad knows yet, he'd probably skin me alive when he does." he winced, I had to laugh, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that room that day, good boy Nicky will get his ass beaten to a pulp.