By My Side

By My Side

14th February

Izzy's POV (Pic of Nick)

It feels like I haven't slept in weeks, well actually it's been a week, a full week of staying awake as long as possible through the nights, I am too scared to close my eyes at night. I've been staying in Nicky's room with him, but that never stopped that creep going into my room and touching my things, I saw those pictures that were on my bed. Dad tried so much not to let me in there but I wanted to see, they are now being used as evidence in a case against whoever is doing this to me, in which they still have no clue who it is.

I'm literally melting in these clothes, but I just can't let anyone see any piece of my flesh, only my hands and face uncovered, I haven't eaten anything since that first night, I just can't stomach anything without it coming back up. Mum has started to get paranoid that I was getting too far into a depression that I wanted to kill myself, I just can't do that either, I just want this to stop. I miss my normal life, I want everything to be it's normal self, a place where I don't have to hide and wear winter clothes through a freaking heatwave.

Luke is pissing me off way beyond belief, he's getting too touchy feely for my liking and I know it's driving him crazy that I won't do anything he wants me to do. I don't even feel like going over to his house tonight to be honest, I just want to cuddle up on the couch with Nicky and watch some movies. Dad is taking Mum out for the night and will be back tomorrow as it's the anniversary of the night he asked her to marry him twenty five years ago, I hope I can have a marriage like theirs one day.  

I disappeared in the house after I had tried to eat some lunch but it never stayed down, I told Luke to go home as I just wanted to take a hot bath and relax before tonight. I was in Mum and Dad's ensuite as mine was still a crime scene, plus they have a spa in theirs so I would've used this one anyways. A light knock on the door echoed through the room as I sunk down into the hot steamy water, the bubbles covering the mass of water.

"Izzy sweetie, can I come in?" Mum said softly though the door, she'd be wanting to get ready as it was nearly time for her hot date with Dad.

'Yeah, it's open Mum." I yawned tiredly, I rested my head back on the edge of the bath as she opened the door slowly, she looked gorgeous as ever in her red dress, Dad will be loving that one, it shows her curves off perfectly. I watched her as she walked to the huge mirror and bathroom counter, her heels clicking over the tiled floor, thank god Dad booked a hotel room, with her all hot looking tonight, there's gonna be some disgusting parent sex happening.

"It's just you and Declan here when you get home tonight, I think Cade wants to ask Annabelle to marry him tonight, and Aidan of course will be out with Callie, and my baby boy Nicholas has got first date, which is exciting, he's nervous as hell though, you should see him out there running around like a headless chook getting ready." Mum chuckled as she started to get the make up she wanted to wear, out and ready to apply, my heart raced when she said Declan's name, hang on, what does she mean he will be here?

"Why is Declan here, I thought Nick was gonna be home with me?" I asked her confused, I'm pretty sure he moved out last week, I sure have not been able to survive without him in this house, god that makes me sound like a baby that's lost it's pacifier. Mum looked at me through the mirror as she started with the concealer.

"Dec is moving back in, in about an hour to be exact, and I thought Nick was going to be here but by the looks of him acting like that, he won't be, but they promised me that someone will be here with you for the night." Mum said like having Declan alone here with me tonight was no big deal, oh hell, it's just gonna be me and a fucking hot man, why does the thought of that make me nervous and excited?