Unnamed Feeling

Unnamed Feeling

6th June   (12 weeks and 5 days)

Izzy's POV

The mood around the house this past two weeks has been strange to say the least, today is the last time we will see Cade and Annabelle in person, for how long, I don't know. There is a mad rush around the house, it's still dark outside, it's cold and we have to airport in about an hour, as their flight is due to take off in just over three hours.

I'm rugged up in my trackies, hoodie and uggies, and sitting on the couch as I wait for everyone to be ready to leave, I'm just still too tired to move to help, plus if I do, I think I'll break down and cry. I rested my hands over my belly, I look like Lexi when she was five months pregnant with Alex, he was eight pounds when he was born and he was a month early, and I've only just entered my second trimester, I'm gonna be a big fat beached whale.

Mum came back into the living room where I was sitting and sat beside me, her shaky hand grabbed mine tightly and held it like a vice grip, Dad wasn't too far behind her with Nicky and Dec. I looked over to Aidan, it was just like he was numb, frozen to the arm of the couch, Callie was standing on the cushion of the couch behind him, her arms wrapped around his shoulders. She was whispering something in his ear, her eighteen week baby bump was pressed into his back, the one taking it harder than the rest of us, it's Aidan, Cade's partner in crime.

No one said a word as Brax and Jace both walked through the door and found a vacant spot, Tahni, Lexi and the kids said the farewells last night in a huge dinner Mum had prepared for everyone. If i didn't want to see them off, I'd be still in bed sleeping where normal people are tucked in and cozy at some stupid time of the morning.

"Well, the car is all packed." Cade said looking around the room at all of us, his hands were buried deep in his pockets, Annabelle was beside him with her arm hooked through his. I felt a warm trickle down my cheek as I looked at my older brother and his fiance, her baby bump was also on show just like Callie's.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Mum asked as she stood up, Dad grabbed onto her as she looked like she was about to break down any second. Mum had done the same when Aidan went away last year for those few months, but this is different, Cade wasn't coming home, he was making a new one, in another country. A whole two thousand and eighty seven miles, or three thousand three hundred and sixty kilometres away and seperating us with the Tasman Sea, and six hours flying time, five if you can score a direct flight from here.

"Yeah, we have triple checked the lot, it's all there Mum. " Cade looked down at Annabelle, I can see he's finding this hard as well, but like they've said, they need to be there and help out, plus Cade is excited to meet the rest of Annabelle's family.

"Time to go, Son." Dad said as he rustled the keys that were in his pockets, Cade nodded and took a shaky breath before he turned around with Annabelle and walked out the frot door. Dec helped me up off the couch as Brax helped Aidan out and Jace wrapped his arm around Mum, so she was almost carried out the house by him and Dad. Cade and Annabelle were driving with Mum and Dad, Jace was driving Aidan and Callie and Dec, Nicky and I were going with Brax, I might have a sleep on the way there, considering it's only just after three in the morning.

"They had to pick the first flight out, couldn't have chosen one that leaves when there's daylight." Nicky whined as he dragged his tired ass into the car, glad to see I'm not the only one. Brax and Jace are the only ones that look like this is a normal time of the day for them.