Nothing Else Matters

10th May   (8 weeks and 6 days)

Izzy's POV

Everytime I close my eyes all I see three babies, three tiny little babies that Dec and I made together, I just wish I knew what we were having, there are four different possibilities. Three boys, three girls, two boys and one girl, two girls and one boy, the whole naming process has just been blow out of proportion, whatever we choose, I want them just right for our babies. I still can't figure out how the hell after so long of believing that this would never happen, that now here I am, pregnant with triplets, poor Dec still looks shocked like he did at the ultrasound, I think everyone does.

"That looks nice, sweetie." I looked through my mirror to see Mum standing by the door with a smile on her face. I looked down and brushed the imaginary crumbs from the material of the maxi dress I was wearing, it was a light shade of yellow, and flowed down to my knees, my bump clear to see already.

"Thanks Mum, all my clothes are already feeling too small, this wasn't ever tight around my belly." I said as my hands moved over my belly, for someone that is nine weeks tomorrow, I already look like I'm about fifteen weeks pregnant, well that's what Mum has told me anyways.

"We can have a shopping day this week, get you some maternity clothes." she said as she came up behind me and played with my hair a little, I love it when she does that, it feels nice.

"Yes please, I'm starting to find Dec's trackies nice and comfy these past few days." I chuckled, it would also be nice to just hang out with Mum for the day.

"Alright that's settled, how about one day after school." she said as she braided my  hair, I sighed and looked at her, I've been doing some major thinking as well since the ultrasound, I have three babies on board and in about five months they will be here.

"I'm quiting school Mum." I said softly, gosh I hope she doesn't get mad at me, Jace is the only other kid of hers not to complete high school, at least I can say I did some of year twelve, we all know Nick will be finishing.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" she asked me, she doesn't sound too upset that I mentioned it, the sooner I'm out of that place the sooner I can concentrate solely on my babies.

"Yes, I'm not going to be able to do much soon, I've already been booked into the hospital when I reach week twenty seven, then it's a waiting game, then they are born, hopefully I can reach at least thirty-four weeks, I'm not going to be wanting to do anything but be with them, there's plenty of time to do studies when they get a little older." I rattled off, Mum had finished my hair and spun me around to look at her, she still had that smile on her face, her hand moved down to my belly and she chuckled.

"It's good to see my grandbabies are gonna put you through all that hosptial rest just like you did with me, I'd say that's fair enough payback." she chuckled, I looked at her with my mouth slightly open, that was so uncalled for.

"Seriously though Izzy, you're right, I'd rather you stay home and rest and be stress free as much as possible, I didn't get that chance as I already had four kids under five at home, so I don't have a problem with it at all." she grinned, wow, I was expecting some kind of fight about this, that actually makes me feel a hell of a lot better. I could do something like Lexi, she's almost finished graduating from Uni with her Bachelor of Midwifery, she should be doing her placements by the time I get put on house arrest, which will be cool.