About A Girl

About A Girl

22nd May  

Nick's POV (pic of Lani)

"Babe, is everything alright?" Lani's soft voice filled my ears, I turned and looked at her and gave her a smile, everything is just fine, I'm just trying to find the right words to say what I need to.

"Yeah." I said not really convincing her or myself, she frowned and went back to her writing, we are both currently in the library doing some research for biology assignment we are working on. I blame Izzy for this, she has been pestering me to ask Lani over to the house for a while now, and I'm finally thinking it's time for her to meet the parents. Hell, I'm panicking over it already and she hasn't said yes yet, I know we've been together for four months now, but still, this is a big step for us, I just hope that the family behave themselves. 

"You've been acting weird all day, are you trying to find the best way to break up with me, you've found someone else?" she asked softly, my head snapped to hers, what the hell made her think that I want someone else, is she fucking serious?

"Baby, I don't want anyone but you, and there's no way I'm dumping you." I reached over the table and grabbed her hands and squeezed them gently, she looked at me with watery eyes, shit, I didn't mean to make her cry.

"Thank god, I thought you were, you look so worried and nervous, it was making me feel like that." she looked relieved that I wasn't going to break up, I've got news for her, she's stuck with me for a while longer yet, can't get rid of me that quick.

"I do have something to ask you though." I said nervously as I scratched the back of my head, why the hell is this so hard? Oh that's right, meeting my crazy family for the first time would be enough to scare any one away.

"Sure, ask away." she gave a little unsure nervous chuckle, wow, I haven't acted like this since the day I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. 

"Umm, I was wondering if you want to come home with me?" I asked quickly, fuck, that just sounded so lame just then, what the hell is wrong with me? She sat there looking at me, I think she's a little stunned as her mouth was parted a little and she wasn't moving, just stuck there like a statue.

"You don't have too, I know we've only been together for four months, we can wait a bit longer if you want, there's no rush." her silence is making me feel a lot more scared right now, she could at least say something, instead of just looking at me like that.

"Nicky, I'll come home with you." she smiled, I felt her squeeze my hands and I could feel my grin grow, I leaned forward and pressed my lips to hers softly.

"Really? You want to meet my parents?" I asked as I held her close to me, she smiled and nodded, she doesn't even look worried about it.

"Yeah, of course I do." she smiled, she's so cute, I can stop stressing as much now, but then again, this is the easiest part of this whole thing, she still has to meet Mum and Dad. It's not Mum and Dad that I'm worried about, it's my brothers and sister that have me all flustered about finally bringing my girl home to meet them.

"So when are we doing this?" she asked as she started to pack up her books, I frowned and looked at the time, shit it's almost five already, I swear we only just got here after school had finished. Maybe we should do this tonight, then she only has to meet half of them, because with Jace's birthday on Monday, Dad's organised some barbeque for him or something over the weekend, I don't need her freaked out by the whole family. Could you imagine what she'd think if she meet Uncle Kaleb, Nate and Adam as well, I don't think so, not this soon, when they mix with Dad, those four are just like a bunch of kids, and their jokes are getting a little old now, just like them.