Original Sin

Original Sin

13th March

Declan's POV

I kissed my beautiful girl before heading down to meet Matt outside as he was taking me to work today, why do I feel so nervous about this, oh that's right, he'll ask if I've had sex with his daughter yet. He always makes me too scared to even touch her, that first conversation that morning has ruined me for good I think, it took me a good week to look him in the eyes again. I just need to get through this half hour in the car with him and then I can hide from him for the rest of the day, it can't be that hard, can it?

"Declan, I don't bite." Matt laughed as he pulled out the driveway, yeah, sure you don't, you just make me so fucking nervous all the time.

"I know." I gave him a small smile before I set my eyes on the side window and watched the neighborhood go by in a flash.

"I noticed you haven't used any of that stash, or have you been using your own?" he asked casually, oh fuck, not even five minutes together he asks that, sometimes lately I wish Bell had a sister so her boyfriend can take some of this Matt Taylor scary father off my back.

"No, we haven't needed them yet." I swollowed the lump in my throat and thought it's best to just tell him the truth.

"Oh, well that's great Declan, you are much better behaved than my sons in that area." he chuckled, I instantly felt a little better sitting next to him now, I've never been like this around him before, I guess it all changed when Bell and I got together.

"Just make sure when you do start, that you use them, I'm not ready for my baby to have a baby." there was not an ounce of humour in his voice, we had stopped at a red light and I could see in the corner of my eyes that he was looking at me with his scary dad face on.

"Don't worry about it, I can't have kids." I whispered and turned away from his very intense gaze. Nick had thought it was best if I told Matt and Summer about my infertility, just to ease their minds a little for when we do start being more intimate.

"What do you mean you can't have kids?" he asked shocked, and continued to drive to where ever we were working today. I took a deep breath and turned to look at him, only Bell knows this, Nick only knows that I can't.

"One of the stab wounds penetrated about an inch away from my cock and the doctor said there was way too much damage down there to fix anything, I'm lucky it even gets hard, he said I wouldn't be able to have any kids." I spoke softly, that part of being told of my injuries was the hardest, I always wanted to have a family one day, I can't now.

"I swear Dec, if your father was alive, I'd fucking kill him myself for doing that to you." Matt growled angrily and hit the steering wheel with his fists. I sat back and for a bit more of the drive it was silent after that, movement to my right had me watch Matt as he typed something on his phone, a dail tone on speaker phone filled the cabin of the ute.

"Hey Matt, how's things?" some guy sounded through the air, I looked at Matt and he had a smile on his face, should I be scared right now?

"Hey Ethan, all good, I'm calling to ask if you have any spare time to see me today?" Matt asked as he pulled up on the side of the road, the phone was resting in it's holder.

"Which one is pregnant this time?" Ethan chuckled, I guess this is the baby doctor I've heard about, what the? I turned to look at Matt and he held his finger over his lips telling me to be quiet, why is he calling a doctor?