Forty Six

Nicki

Everyday I am having to wake up and see that my stomach is getting bigger and bigger. Me and Meek have decided to wait on doing interviews about the pregnancy curiosity and just keep it all in the family.

We were going to have dinner with our moms today and I couldn't wait to eat something new. Yet having to be careful about what I take into my body is something I'm immune to now. I'm having to feed two people and look out for two people. This is just all new and weird to me.

"Why you staring off into the mirror?" Meek asks walking into the room.

"Messing with my stomach" I answer. He wraps his arms around me.

"You look good pregnant" he says making me laugh.

"I bet" I say.

"We got stuff to do today" he says.

"We do?" I ask turning to him.

"Yeah. Our babygirl has to start getting spoiled" he says.

"Meek I don't want her spoiled."

"Why not?"

"I want my daughter or son, if we were to have one, to be able to acquire things and be grateful and appreciative about it. To know yes my parents can provide it but I know that there was work put into it" I say.

"I understand. But it won't hurt to give her what she gone need when she decide to pop out" he says. I laugh and kiss him.

"Let me get dressed " I say. He nods and lays across the bed.

Meek

Nicki was starting to get dressed and it then hits her that most of her clothes won't be able to fit while she is pregnant. So then she goes on this whole rant about how she will need to look around for more clothes and things. She comes or the restroom in a black dress that stops at her knees.

"I'm ready" she says. Her hair was up in a bun and she was wearing her black knee high sandals. I watch as she goes into the kitchen and gets her small fruit mix and a bottle of water. We walk out the door and get into our Range Rover.

"You look good baby" I say holding her hand. She giggles.

"I'm starting to think you want me to stay pregnant."

"I'm just saying you look good carrying my offspring" I say. She shakes her head laughing with me. I pull up to the mall and park the car. I help Nicki out and walk inside hand and hand with her.

"Candice asked to be the babies god mother" she says.

"Omelly wanted to be the god father" I say looking around at which store we were going to go to.

"Is he still wanting to date Candice?"

"Hell yeah" I say chuckling.

"That's funny" she says as we walk into a baby clothing store. "Omg Meek this is so cute" Nicki squeals going to a pink baby tutu outfit. "Baby shoes are so adorable" she says.

"She will just need socks on her feet most of the time" I say. "I like this though" I say holding up  a onesie that says 'daddy's princess'. Nicki just smiles at me.

"The baby hair bows are cute" she says picking up a few.

"Damn Nic, a bag of diapers is high as shit alone" I say seeing a $36 tag. Nicki laughs.

"No one said babies are cheap" she says.

"This makes me wonder how much formula costs" I say making Nicki giggle hard.

"Enough to feed our baby" she says. I smile at her response. We spend more time in the store and get the baby five outfits and matching accessories. Nicki then has us go into a maternity store and gets only three outfits.

"Why didn't you get more?" I ask.

"I'll order some" she says. Leaving out we then go home and start to cook together.

"Nachos are good for the soul" she says hinting at what she wanted. I laugh getting out the beef.

"You funny Nic" I say. She was eating on carrots and ranch dip. "We should come up with baby names" she says. "And nothing ratchet. I want something unique and cute" she says.

"How about Anika?"

"You trying to be funny?"

"Nah" I say laughing. Nicki throws a carrot at me. "Aye girl you better stop before I put some fire on that ass" I say. She laughs.

"Just for that we can come up with a name another time. I'm going to go take a bath" she says leaving.

"You leaving me to cook?"

"Yep. Me and Anika" she says making me laugh.

Nicki

I came down after my bath and seen that the food was ready. Meek was already eating and on the couch with his feet propped up and watching ESPN. I fix myself a plate and eat alongside him.

"How it taste?" He asks.

"Good. Tomorrow night I'll cook some steak" I say.

"Just for me?" He asks. I laugh.

"No nigga. For me and the baby. But I guess you can have some too" I say jokingly. He gets up and gets more.

"You want some more?" He asks me.

"Yes please" I say handing him my plate. He smiles and I know what for. "Stop smiling at me being fat" I say. He chuckles. When he brings me my plate I bring him down for a kiss.

"Thank you" I say. He nods and sits back down again. After eating we cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie on Netflix. When it goes off I get up and go upstairs to lay in the bed.

"Baby have you seen my silk robe?" I ask.

"In the bathroom" he says. I go in and undress then cover up with my robe. Getting in bed Meek pulls me into him and kisses on me. He then kisses on my stomach and I can't help but smile.

"Imma sleep like this" he says wrapping his arms around me and laying his head on my stomach. I laugh.

"Goodnight daddy" I say.

"Night mommy" he says back.

Thanks for having my book reach 10k reads! What should they name their baby?