One

Nicki

It's been weeks since the day me and Meek were suppose to be in the studio with Rick. I was writing lyrics to a new song when Safaree and Rick walk into the studio and tell me he was arrested.

"That night at the club he was pulled over and was sent to jail because he had weed, a drink and was armed when he wasn't suppose to be. Plus he was intoxicated while driving" Rick says.

"He broke his parole agreement" Safaree adds.

"Damn" I say. "How much time he gotta do?" I ask.

"Up to a year I think " Safaree says.

"Yeah and courts trying to get me to testify when his date rolls around but I don't know if I can"

"Rick what do you mean by that?" I ask.

"I got my own government shit to think about too, so I don't know if that will be a good idea"

"What about you Safaree?" I ask.

"Me? Testify for me Meek?" He says and scratches his head.

"Yeah, tf is wrong with y'all. Y'all either homeboys or not" I say looking down at my lyrics.

"Nicki it's complicated. We gotta go down to see him. I'll be home later" Safaree says and kisses my forehead before walking out. I then go into the studio and have my beat turned on.

"All things go, all things goooo" I started off in harmony.

I spent three more hours in the studio and then went home. Safaree didn't make it home until around 10.

"What happened?" I asked looking up from my phone.

"They convinced the judge to put him back on parole if someone testifies and he stays out of trouble for a year. He has a court hearing in 6 months. That's when they will decide if he will continue with being on parole" he says kicking off his shoes.

"So who's gonna testify for him?" I ask.

"Don't know yet" he says. "But can we talk about something else?"

"I finished all things go today" I say searching my music files to play it. Safaree listens intently and then looks at me when the song is over.

"I love it" he says and gets in bed next to me. "You can always forgive but never forget" he says. I just look at him for a minute.

"You're referring to the line about me and my abortion? Or the argue,not we had a week ago? Or the -"

"Nicki I cheated"

"And Safaree I lied"

"So did I"

"Safaree if you're so unhappy then why are you still here?!" I ask loudly.

"Because I still love you!" He yells.

"Safaree if you love me so much then why can't you wait anymore? Why does my success bother you? Why do you keep hurting me?" I say about to cry. "I asked you if you wanted to be done and you didn't leave. You left it unanswered "

"Nicki I do wanna be done. I've tried my best to be with you. 12 years and we haven't gotten anywhere together"

"Then go. Leave Safaree" I say. He just turns over and goes to sleep. I do the same and cry myself to sleep.

(the next morning)

Safaree was gone this morning and so was his stuff.

I go to Twitter and tweet out hints to my followers and post pics on Instagram that say I'm single in a way. Single? I've never just been single.