Thirty Six

Meek

I wake up from hearing a toilet flush then the sink water running. I feel Nicki get back in bed and see me up.

"Morning" she says smiling. I laugh.

"Morning baby" I say to her. She straddles me making me realize I had morning wood.

"Didn't get enough from last night?" She asks laughing.

"Aye ma you decided to fuck with me this morning. Ain't nobody tell yo lil short ass to hop on me" I say making her laugh.

"Myself told myself" she says.

"Mhm" I say looking at her body up and down. She shifts to where she was laying on top of me.

"You hungry?"

"You cooking?"

"You eating?"

"You cleaning?"

"Nope" she says . I chuckle.

"Yeah I'm hungry" I say. We then hear a knock on the door.

"Breakfast is ready!" Her mom says.

"That was quick" we both say laughing. Nicki gets up and slips on some joggers and a shirt.

"See you down there" she says kissing me then leaving.

Nicki

"I'm sorry I went to bed early baby" mama says.

"It's okay. Me and Meek were tired anyways" I say making a plate. Meek then comes down and hugs my mom.

"This looks good" he says complimenting her food.

"Thank you. So Meek do you like what you've seen so far of Trinidad?" She asks.

"What I've seen so far, yes. Nicki seems to love it here" he says.

"Because she knows this is where her family is. Nothing but love around her" mama says kissing my forehead. I smile.

"Our flight leaves at 4 today. Is there anything you want us to do before we go?"

"Oh no. I have to go to New York right after you two leave for business" he says.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. So just enjoy the time here you have before you both get busy again" she says. Meek and I finish breakfast and go to pack our bags back up. Meek then grabs me from behind and holds me close to him.

"Got a question for you" he says.

"And what's that?" I ask.

"Your birthday coming up in a few months. You know what you want?"

"Meek my birthday is five months away" I say laughing.

"Just want a head start" he says chuckling.

"I haven't thought on it. Surprise me" I say. "No wait! Don't. I hate surprises " I say making him laugh.

"I know you do" he says kissing on my neck then moving.

We basically just chilled until we had to leave. Meek got a call in the middle of our plane ride.

"Reina I don't have time for this" he says mad.

Meek

My baby mama was trying to make me talk about Papi leaving to move to another state with her.

"You're not taking him away from majority of his family" I say.

"Meek would you just let me raise my son the way I want to!? You aren't even with him majority of the time"

"It's not about me keeping him. It's about him being around me his dad and that's our son! His family is in Philly !"

"Meek I don't want him in Philly anymore. I want him in a better environment " she says.

"Look I'll be back in Philly in another day. I want you at my moms house with him and we all talk about it" I say thinking there was nothing more to talk about. He wasn't going. I hang up my phone and Nicki looks at me.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"I don't want to talk about right now" I say. She just leaves the situation alone.

Hours later the plane lands and I call myself a driver.

"You're going straight to Philly?" Nicki asks.

"Yeah. I just need to take care of my business with my son" I say.

"I understand" she says. I pull her into me.

"Thank you"

"Call me when you get there" she says and kisses me before we separate.

I get to Philly and wait for Reina to show up with Papi.

"Meek there isn't much to talk about" she says walking in with him. He happily hugs me and sits next to me on the couch.

"There is a lot to talk about. Why you even trying to move him to another state?!"

"To be in a different environment. Meek all there is around here is negativity. Poverty. Niggas without a pot to piss in and more. I don't want my son growing up with a 75% chance of being involved in gangs and shit like you!" She says.

"Oh so you resenting him for what I accept!? Reina come on now, you know I wouldn't expose him to no shit like that"

"You already did" she says. "every since he seen you in handcuff and in jail I had the thought to move him away from all this" she says. "I just want him to have big dreams and goals. "

"I understand that but do you know the rate of potential niggas got to make it out the hood? It's high when both parents are involved in a healthy setting" I say.

"Oh look at daddy dearest. You want a cookie?"

"Papi go get your grandma for me" I say. He runs out the room and I look back at Reina. "Is that the only reason you want him to leave with you?"

"Yes" she says sternly.

"No it's not. You just afraid to leave his ass here and have someone else take over your job" I say.

"Meek Nicki will never be a mother. She ain't even had her own kids yet. How can she be a mom?!"

"Nicki has a dream to be a mom, given the right order of life" I say.

"Nicki is nice" my mom says walking in.

"Kathy-"

"No listen Reina. I have a lot of respect for you. I respect you for taking care of Papi the way you do and having Meek be in check with his responsibilities but Nicki has done more for him than you have in the time they've been together. He had became better with himself and Nicki is more reliable with Meek if Papi stayed here. And they have me still. And you know I love my grandson more than Meek and you compared." She says.

"Reina if you thought you were going to take Papi and shit was going to be gravy you thought wrong. My son needs me in his life and I need him in mine" I say.

"Papi!" She yells. "Kathy I respect you. Meek I tolerate you. I just want Papi with me" she says as he walks in. She picks him up and they leave.

"Why the fuck is she so fucking evil!?" I say mad as hell.

"Meek calm down." My mom says. "Just keep fighting for him. She will get it eventually." With that being said I left out my moms place and went to go see about some things.