Twelve

Nicki

Safaree was sitting across from me as we ate the breakfast I cooked.

"I think we can work on us" he says.

"You think so?"

"Yes, we shouldn't just give up" he says. Smiling I finish chewing the bacon I had in my mouth.

"I think we can too" I say getting up and going to him. He pulls me into his lap.

"You're mine and you know it" he says kissing on me. I push him off laughing.

"I don't want my neck smelling like that bacon" I say.

"What you want it to smell like? Sausage?" He says smiling. I get up.

"Anyways " I say changing the subject. "I have a lot to do today so I will see you later" I say grabbing my purse.

"Aight, I'll be back later on tonight" he says grabbing his keys. He pulls me by my waist and leans down to kiss me. I kiss him back and wrap my arms around his neck. He slaps my ass before pulling away.

"Bye baby" I say. He winks and drives off. I look at my schedule on my phone and see what was first. Putting on my seat belt and turning on some music I head to see my team about my clothing line.

Meek

Sitting in the courtyard I see some niggas playing ball, in different groups talking and gossiping and shit and all I can think about is leaving.

I get up and go back inside.

"Inmate what are you doing?!" An officer asks.

"A nigga ready to catch some z's" I say.

"Walk him down " an officer demands. One opens the door and we walk down the hall to my cell. I get comfortable in my bed and pick up a book to read. I got money sent to me from my mom, baby mama and Nicki. My boys were gonna send me some in another week too. Nice to know they looking out for a bull.

"Did you get your phone call for today?" An officer asks.

"Nah"

"Come on before its late" he says opening the door. I go to the phones and there were two others on the other ones. I grab the phone and dial my baby mama number.

"Meek" she answers.

"Yo, where Papi at?" I ask.

"He sleep" she says. "Did you get the money for your books?" She asks.

"Yeah, thank you for sending them" I say.

"Meek i got something to tell you" she says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"You know how I always had my suspicion about the niggas across the street from your mom?" She says.

"Yeah, what's up with em?"

"Did they ask to become chasers?" She ask.

"Omelly was talking to em bout it, why?"

"They were snitches" she say. Where I come from we don't deal with no snitches. They end up in positions they don't wanna be in.

"Tell Omelly, he'll handle it" I say.

"And Meek" she says.

"What?" I ask.

"One minute!" The officer yells.

"You know I love you still right?"

"Yes, but listen we talked about alla dat. You be trippin about the shit I don't need that"

"Meek it takes me time to adjust to that shit and I can't be involved in all that and be locked up like you are right now. We have Papi to take care of" she says.

"I know. Aye my time is about to be up. You and Papi visit soon. Give him love" I say.

"I got you" she says. I hang up and walk back to my cell. I ain't gone lie. Me and my babymama have a special relationship but that romantic shit dead for us. We just parents. I love her cause she the mother of my son and she still hold it down for me but what we had gone. Besides I'm after someone I've been longing to have.