Chapter 27

'' Go do your things, I'll talk to him, '' I told Kei, looking inside Nai's room with a serious expression on my face. He still didn't move, ever since I showed up. He was sitting in the corner of the cave, hugging his legs with his long arms and shaking with fear.  

'' Are you sure? '' Kei asked and narrowed his eyes. '' How much experience can you even have with unstable people? ''  

I cringed, instantly remembering my family, Riku and quite a bunch of other people. '' Much more then you would think, but Nai isn't unstable, '' I replied and looked in to Kei's red eyes. '' He's just lost a little and he needs someone to help him find himself again. I can't be that someone, but I can calm him down with words, I'm good at that. '' 

Kei patted my head, grinning like a maniac. I flinched, then I smiled back at him. '' What is it? '' 

I was expecting some kind of declaration of appreciation.  

'' My my, you're actually useful. ''  

Yeah, I didn't get one.  

But I guessed that this was still some kind of praise. It was strange that the Black swordsman even bothered to give me one, but I didn't think about it too much. '' Yup, I am useful, what a surprise, right? Much more useful than you are, you stupid idiot, '' I muttered, crossed my arms and raised my chin up with arrogance and annoyance.

He narrowed his eyes. '' I'm still the guild master. You should call me 'boss', like everyone else does. '' 

I snorted and grinned. '' In your dreams, '' I said then, got on my toes, stretched up so I could reach him and significantly patted his head, just like he did before. His red eyes widened a little, then he stared at me in a strange way, like he was thinking about something, but I didn't even notice that. I was too busy thinking that Kei maybe did have nice black hair, but that he should was them more often, since they were full of dirt. How could he even get dirt on his head? Sure, we were underground, but there were mostly just rocks around us from what I could see. Maybe he was trying to dig a hole or something, using his head as a shovel. 

Then he moved his hand, grabbed my wrist and then pushed it away, smirking. '' Shut up, little swordswoman. Once you finish here with Nai you should come to our new dining room, I usually deliver messages to the members of my guild there and since you're one of us now you should be there too, '' he told me, carefully staring at me with a serious expression on his face.  

I nodded and showed him a closed eyed smile. '' Of course I'll be there, I'm one of you now, just like you said, '' I replied. I couldn't miss things like that. Another thing that I learned when I was with Riku was that if we were partners than we decided things together. Right now I was in a guild so I had to decide things with other guild members and the guild master. I knew that there will be times when I won't get my way like that, talking about things with a big group of people, but I was okay with that.  

Maybe I was working on being okay with that. Other then my money obsession issues I was used to being the one that was always right and I didn't like being contradicted, specially not when I was making a strategy. I was a strategist after all, so I hoped that this made my problems a little less worrying. Even if I probably couldn't use the same excuse for my fear of clowns, spiders and trusting people. But now I wasn't the problem, Nai was. Well, I was a problem, but not this problem. 

I stepped inside the cave Nai made his room in. There were no windows, but that wasn't a surprise and the only things that were there were piles of books, there wasn't even a bed anywhere. I walked to Nai and sat down next to him. For a few moments we were just sitting there like that and I didn't say anything until his purple eyes suddenly snapped in my direction. First they widened with fear, then he recognised me and murmured: '' N-Natsu... ''