Chapter 1

It looked like this wasn't my lucky day. Even if I knew that ever since I woke up. I was used to my bad luck; it had followed me throughout my whole life. I didn't go through some big tragedy or something like that, no, there were just smaller and a lot more annoying things happening to me every single day, like dropping a carton of eggs in the middle of the street and make them all shatter, accidentally calling a teacher 'mum', or sneezing in the face of the guy who was my secret crush. 

I had so much bad luck that the people I went to school with... I didn't even know most of their names (completely antisocial girl right here)... started calling me 'unlucky Natsu'.

Just kidding. 'Unlucky Natsu' would actually be a lot more better than my actual nickname. They usually just called me 'hobo-Natsu', because of the way I normally looked.

'' Hey, you're a girl! '' a guy suddenly spoke up behind me, making me stop leaning from one leg to another and blowing hot air in my hands. 

I turned around and looked at him, a frown slowly appearing on my face. Just seeing the way he was staring at me instantly annoyed me. That probably wasn't a very good thing, because my mother always kept telling me that I had to give people a chance before deciding that I didn't like them. Yes, I always had a very complicated relationship with society. Okay, maybe I was exaggerating. I usually just didn't like people in general. Especially not the ones who gave me looks like this dude that didn't even look so cool himself, standing there with his messy brown hair and pale brown eyes, hidden behind a pair of nerdy glasses.

'' So? What exactly are you trying to say with this? '' I slowly asked, as if I was kind of expecting something like that to happen soon.

It was 16th of January and probably around four in the morning. Everyone would think that it was just another day, but the truth was that it wasn't. It was very special for the gamers around Japan, and that made it important for me too, considering that I was one of them myself.

The NOA Company, a group of the biggest geniuses in the world, specialising in creating video games managed to create something amazing a few months ago. At least that was what they told us, but it was enough to spark the attention of people like me. I had been waiting and going crazy for months for this day, the 16th of January in year 2149. Today they were going to release their new video game, supposedly something that we've never seen before. The VRMMORPG Kingdom of battles. 

They said that it was going to be different from the role-playing games that we usually played. We didn't know how, considering that they didn't give us any other details, but we were anxious to find out. The NOA Company was famous; they were creators of a few of the best video games in the whole world. For the past three years they didn't release anything new. Everyone had been wondering what were they doing; I was praying to all the gods that they were still working and that they weren't planning to close, because I loved their games, and then we all found out that they were creating something new.

I was panicking ever since last week when I heard that they were going to sell only 50.000 copies of the Kingdom of battles all around Japan. I knew that there would be enough of them if only gamers like me would buy it, but other people started getting interested in it. And because I just had to get a copy of the game, I created a plan to make sure I wasn't going to go without it. My dad teased me that my plan almost resembled the complicated battle ideas that our army had. He used to say that I was only buying a video game, not going to war. Sure, to him it seemed funny, but in reality, he had no idea how brutal gamers could become on big sales like the one of the Kingdom of battles. And I wasn't even exaggerating.

The problem here was that my lovely mother already ruined all the carefully planned details this morning, when I was already about to leave the house, thinking that there won't be any troubles.