Chapter 6

'' So you're the famous Hellforce, '' I thoughtfully spoke up and crossed my arms, trying to make a cool impression again. I quickly gave up on it, because from the looks on the faces of the people in front of me I knew that there was no way I could fix what the previous minutes that I spent trying to pull Riku out of that cannibal plant ruined.  

I frowned and shot an angry glare in the direction of Riku that was standing there, completely covered with cannibal plant saliva and grinning at me like a madman. Sometimes I really had no idea how I ended up with him as my partner. Was I really so antisocial that I only managed to become friends with the weirdest players in the Kingdom of battles?  

'' Who are you? '' the leader of the Hellforce repeated, sounding slightly irritated.  

I looked at him again and tossed my head on one side, confused. '' Didn't I tell you again? My name's Natsumi and he's Riku. ''  

'' He means what's your class, from what guild are you and what's your level, '' the redhead explained and yawned, looking tired.  

'' Ohh, '' Riku spoke up and then pointed at himself. '' Riku, swordsman and guardian. My overall skills are on level 19. '' 

I smiled and nodded. '' I'm Natsumi, I'm also supposed to be a swordsman, even if I think that the fact that I couldn't chose swordswoman is pretty offensive... And I'm also a strategist and on level 26. ''  

I watched how the blonde haired girl and the three guys stared at me with shocked, before they all looked at their leader with wide eyes. Him and the girl with the scythe were the only ones that only narrowed his eyes at me when I said that.  

Their reactions made me realise that my level probably really was a little higher than the normal. But I didn't want to be ashamed of that. I was proud of the fact that I was actually this strong. As a gamer I always wanted the characters, legion or whatever I was playing with to be amazing. And now, when I was closed in this video game and I managed to accomplish that on my own, and not just by pressing buttons on my keyboard... It actually felt really good and help me to raise my opinion about myself.  

Maybe I wasn't so bad after all.  

After a few seconds of a creepy silence the leader of the Hellforce finally spoke up. '' I suppose I should thank you for saving my group. Our strategist died when we beat the boss of level 28- ''  

'' And you didn't even try to bring him or her back? '' Riku interrupted him, frowning. He actually sounded pretty rude, but I knew why was he upset. He often asked me questions connected to this, wondering if I would try to bring him back if he would die. I always told him that I would because he was my friend and then he said that he really didn't respect people that wouldn't.  

That was why I knew that this would turn in to a big fight if the captain of the Hellforce would say the wrong words. And by the looks on his face I was pretty sure that he would, so I just quickly stepped in front of him and looked at Riku with a serious expression on my face. '' We ain't getting in to a fight because of that today, dude. We got bigger things to worry about. Maybe you can call him tomorrow and have a chat with him. ''  

'' Bigger things? '' the girl with the blonde ponytails spoke up.  

I turned back at the Hellforce squad and nodded. '' Yes, we were planning to clear level 29. ''  

One of the guys in the group, the tall one with red hair and sparkly yellow eyes smirked and looked at me. His hands were still stuffed in his pockets and he looked really confident about himself. It was also clear that he didn't think that Riku and I were very strong. '' All on your own? '' he asked, his smirk widening.