Chapter 15

I was in the middle of peaceful sleep, having a beautiful dream, when suddenly the distant sound of arguing started waking me up. I frowned and muttered something in annoyance. I wasn't too happy that I got woken up, because something was telling me that as soon as I was going to open my eyes the peace that I was feeling in my dream would disappear and everything was going to get complicated again. That was exactly what happened. 

I blinked, opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling, frowning with confusion. My mind was a little cloudy and I wasn't completely sure what was going on. Then I heard yelling again.  

'' You stupid idiot! '' a girl snapped. '' Boss told you to just make sure she wouldn't die, not heal her completely! ''  

'' B-bu-but she looked hurt and in pain! What was I supposed to do? Just leave her suffer? '' a guy cried with sadness. The second I heard his voice something in my head started telling me to be careful, because I knew this person and that there was also a good chance that I was in danger.  

I felt a dark aura somewhere near me. '' Nai... '' the girl slowly started, sounding like she was trying really hard not to brake something. Or maybe kill someone.  

Wait... Nai? 

Then she started yelling: '' That was the plan, you idiot! Now she'll try to escape! '' There was a loud breaking sound and Nai's scream, making me guess that she probably threw something at him. '' Now who's going to watch her? You know that boss said that he's going to send us to the Reaper if we lose her before he comes back! '' 

I was getting more and more confused every second. Something strange was going on and I couldn't figure out what it was. It was like my brain, still kind of tired didn't want to connect the information that I had in to something useful on purpose. My brain had a mind on it's own. And the idea that it could be true was actually pretty creepy and I was glad that it wasn't true.  

'' Please, Tsukimo! '' Nai cried with sadness. '' Don't yell at me! You know that I hate it when you're mad at me! I promise that nothing bad is going to happen and everyone'll be happy at the end of the day, including Kei! '' 

That was when a light bulb appeared over my head.  

Kei.  

My eyes snapped open, then I jumped from the bed that I was laying on and tried to run, but the next second a figure moved from somewhere. She jumped on my back and pushed me on the ground. I tried to fight back and get her from me, for a few minutes we were just rolling around on the ground, then I decided to give up. There weren't many chances that I would actually save myself. At least not right now, because I still felt a little tired and confused.  

I frowned and slowly looked up to the girl that was currently sitting on my back like I was a very comfortable chair and staring at me with an annoyed expression on her face. '' Are you finally done? '' she asked and narrowed her big and round red eyes.  

She was small and thin, just like me and it seemed like she was about the same age as me. That was the only thing that we had in common, because other then that, her appearance was pretty strange. I didn't see anyone like her anywhere, besides maybe in a zoo. An albino monkey looked very much like her.  

Her hair was long and tied in a messy braid. It was falling on her back, except for the two strands on each side of her face in the front. That wouldn't even be strange if it wouldn't be completely white. There was also a white bandana with dark blue pattern, tied around her head that matched her long fingerless gloves and stockings. She was wearing a simple outfit, made of a tight dark blue top with thin straps, a white, baggy one that she was wearing over it and black short shorts. She also had black combat boots and a black scarf, wrapped around her neck. Another interesting thing about her was her weapon.