Chapter 4

'' Riku... Riku. Riku? Okay, if you don't move in one second I swear I'm going to strangle you! '' I yelled and kicked Riku again with a vain, appearing on my forehead. Right now he was working on my last nerve. First he made us fall in to a creepy looking canyon, now he even dared to keep laying on the ground without moving.  

Riku groaned and sat up with annoyance, rubbing his shoulder. '' I'm not faking it, '' he muttered. '' I think I hurt my arm. ''  

I frowned and leaned closer to the screen that was showing his HP points. He was missing more than a half of them, which was a little bit more than me. I was kind of concerned about that, I mean, we didn't even battle the boss of level 1 yet, but we were already missing so many points. It didn't look very good for us, but I knew that right now it was to late to turn around and go back to the village. We were here and we had to beat this monster. It wasn't just about being dragged along because of Riku, now we had to show to the other players that it was actually possible to beat the Kingdom of battles.  

I knew that loosing my life in this fight was possible to happen, but that didn't mean I was prepared for it. I was surely going to do everything to avoid it.  

'' Clumsy idiot, '' I said, crossed my arms and sighed.  

Riku rolled his eyes and slowly stood up, stretching his muscles. A grin quickly appeared on his face and it looked like he was getting his good mood back. In a way he reminded me of Yukari that was also always happy, the only difference was that the girl didn't annoy me as much as him.  

I frowned and smacked Riku's head. '' No time for smiling! '' I scolded him, clenched my fists and narrowed my eyes. '' We have to get serious Riku! Do you realise that we can die here? And we have no idea what would happen then! ''  

'' We won't die, '' Riku assured me and stared at me with his sparkly green eyes. '' I'm going to make sure that we won't. ''  

I knew that this was supposed to make me feel better, but the truth was that it really didn't. It's not that I thought that Riku was a bad swordsman or something like that. I didn't even see him fight yet and I was sure that he could become strong if he would practice enough. But right now he was still the idiot with zero points for his skills.  

And I was the idiot that got captured in a canyon with him.  

It looked like the future held nothing but good things for us.  

Note the sarcasm.  

I sighed and looked away from Riku for a second, scanning the area around me. Earlier I discovered something called 'Analysing skills'. That was a special ability that I already had in real life. I was always that girl in school that never had problems with math, physics and similar subjects that involved a lot of numbers and thinking and calculating. And every time that I played a video game with other people I was always the strategist of the group.  

I raised my hand and a small screen appeared in front of me. Riku watched me with confusion when I went to my menu of skills and clicked on 'Analysing skills'. I slightly narrowed my eyes as my vision suddenly turned green.  

I stared at the tall cliffs that were surrounding the place where Riku and I ended up and instantly calculated that there was a 26.9% possibility that we would be able to climb them and if I added to that the fact that those fire spewing bats were able to return trying to get out of the canyon by climbing wasn't really a good idea.  

So we had two chances, either going left or right. 

I made a small screen appear in front of me and I quickly deactivated the 'Analysing skills'. Then I looked at Riku and sighed at the confused expression on his face. '' Analysing skills, '' I quickly explained. When he didn't react in any way my eye twitched in annoyance and I quickly added: '' Numbers. Calculating. Strategies. ''