Chapter 8

'' Nice to hear what you think of my squad... '' Rin seriously muttered and sat on one of the empty chairs on one side of the table, like Riku and I invited him to or something. The other members of the Hellforce of course did the same thing, and a few seconds later they were all already sitting around our table. Shigeru and Takeo were even eating a plate of meat that appeared out of nowhere, while Hikari was sipping some kind of fruit juice from a glass. Mero and Rin were still just sitting there and being serious, while Shiki was sulking in the corner.  

'' I should've known that you'll ruin our vacation somehow, '' I murmured to myself, sighed and continued eating my food.  

'' V-Vacation? '' Hikari asked with disbelief and looked at me with her big brown eyes. '' You're actually having a vacation. ''  

Riku grinned at her and showed her a thumbs up. '' That's right, girl. Nothing's better than a vacation, specially after a battle like ours. ''  

'' How can you actually go on vacation in a time like this? '' Mero quietly asked and crossed her arms. It seemed like she really didn't like the idea of just sitting back and relaxing before the next battle.  

Riku shrugged and explained to her: '' Maybe we're trapped here, but our life still goes on. We all want to leave, to complete the 100 hundred levels of the Kingdom of battles and go home, but... Between the fights that we go through... We still have our lives here. I don't want to waste mine. And life isn't just made of weapons and battles, it's also made of vacations and sweet drinks that taste like strawberries! '' With that he raised the glass next to him with sparkles in his eyes.  

I just smirked and raised mine to. '' And I'll cheer to that. Amen, bro. ''  

The members of the Hellforce just looked at each other and it seemed like they didn't really understand what Riku tried to tell them. But the truth was that I didn't even expect them to. They weren't like us. They were part of a strong guild and they spent most of their time on missions and fighting. Riku and I were more like travellers, usually just getting in to trouble instead of joining a fight.  

'' Anyway, why are you here and bothering our vacation time? '' I asked and finished the rest of my food from my plate. Then I leaned back on my chair, a happy smile appearing on my face. It was amazing how even the sight of Rin's face wasn't able to ruin such a good meal.  

That was when Shiki jumped from his emo corner with hearts in his eyes. '' We came here so I can take you on a date! ''  

Rin just raised his hand and punched Shiki in the face, a serious look still present on his face. I watched how the magician flew back to his emo corner and kept sulking there, this time because his boss was so mean to him. 

Rin sighed and narrowed his eyes at me. '' Our commander wants to speak to you and Riku. ''  

My eyes slightly widened with surprise. '' Your commander? What do you mean? ''  

'' Masashi Kazama, the leader of the Knights of the kingdom, '' Rin replied, seriously staring at me and studying my face to see what was going to be my reaction.  

I froze, completely in shock, then I just slowly fell on the ground, together with my chair. If there was something I didn't expect, then that was this. The truth was that I really didn't think that Riku and I were good enough to even meet the leader of the Knights of the kingdom, the high commander Masashi. I thought that he was some kind of important dude that wouldn't get bothered by two simple players like my partner and I.  

But then again... Why would he even get bothered by us?  

I jumped up again, completely ignoring the strange looks that the people around me were giving me. I leaned on our table with my hands and stared at Rin with a suspicious look on his face. '' What exactly does he want? ''