Chapter 43

I sighed and grabbed the clean black shirt that the doctor left next to me and put it over my head. A quiet groan of pain came out of my mouth when I accidentally pulled it with the help of my right hand, completely forgetting that it was out of use right now. Then I groaned again because my stomach started to hurt again and sighed, muttering: '' Stupid guild showdown rules. '' 

It turned out that there was one rule that I didn't know of. The contestants that got hurt during the challenges were allowed to get medical help, but healing potions were forbidden. So the only thing that I got were some stitches, disinfectant that burned like hell and bandages, the same was with Rea and now we were left in a kind of bad state considering that tomorrow the third part of the competition was going to start, the fight between other teams. The only thing that we could do was pray that we won't be chosen to fight tomorrow yet and get some more time to heal that way. I couldn't even move properly right now, without having pain shooting through my body. 

I slowly stood up from the hospital bed, let out another groan because of the annoying pain and held the place on my stomach that was covered with bandages. The wound on my right palm didn't even bothered me so much, I was used to it always being scratched, bruised and covered with blisters from holding my sword and I was able to use my left hand too anyway, but the stomach was a problem. 

'' You are so going to lose tomorrow. '' 

I raised my head and glared at Tsukimo that was standing at the entrance of the infirmary, with her arms crossed an annoying smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes, slowly limped in the direction of a small table next to the hospital bed and took some bandages from it, stuffing them in my pockets. Tsukimo walked closer, still smirking. '' I'm pretty sure that this is forbidden and against the rules, but I'll let it slip considering that you look like shit. ''  

I sighed and leaned against the wall behind me. A small smile appeared on my face. '' This black shirt really brings out the colour of my soul, doesn't it? ''  

'' I meant more the dried green wolf guts on your hair, '' she replied and sat on the hospital bed. Her red eyes shined. '' I can't believe you and that girly girl defeated the castle boss. ''  

I stared at her for a few moments, then I noticed that she was wearing a different outfit than usual and that there was a familiar smell, floating around her. I didn't even take that in before, considering that I smelled like that too. '' You got the wolf boss too didn't you? '' I asked and snickered. 

The smirk disappeared from Tsukimo's face. '' Yes. I forced Nai to carry me through the first competition and he cried so much about how it was my turn now that I had to do it. They didn't even let me in the dining room because I stink so bad, '' she muttered with annoyance and frowned. '' So I went to visit my friend, but she wasn't and home and that's how I ended up here in the company of a loser like you. ''  

I frowned and hissed: '' Shut up. '' Then I punched her shoulder, causing her to fall back on the hospital bed, cursing me in the process.  

When she sat up she was serious again, but I knew her enough to be sure that this was a different kind of serious than her usual annoying serious face. '' Your old friends are here. Fate too. We know that they're looking for a certain someone, that's why Kei sent Nai and I here. Participating in the guild showdown is only a cover, we're here to find out who is the person they're looking for. '' 

I already wanted to say something back when another question appeared in my mind. I narrowed my eyes and frowned at Tsukimo. '' Why exactly are you telling this information to me? ''  

She rolled her eyes and sighed and replied, sounding bored: '' Really? We're going to play that game? Are you just a stupid little shit or did you really already forget about us and join the guild you're representing? '' A smirk appeared on her face. '' Come on, you are hurting my feelings, '' she mockingly replied. '' I didn't think that we were so easy to replace. ''