Chapter 55

'' Can... Can I ask you something? '' I spoke up just when it seemed like Kaito got ready to attack me with his new spear. He stopped, stared at me and frowned, looking a little confused. Seeing how I captured his attention I continued: '' Why are you doing this? Fighting and risking your life for the sake of your crazy plan? '' 

He stared at me for a few moments, then he snickered and pointed his spear at me. '' Boss is going to kill Masashi once they complete their plan to rule over the Locals and the players... I agree with that because I think that stupid fucks like you and your friend need some rules to obey. Besides, until now we all lived the same, the programs and us, the strong and the weak. I think that this is complete bullshit, the way weak people call themselves fighters. That's why I agree with the soldier C project and boss's other plan. '' 

My eyes narrowed. So he thought that the strong people were supposed to be treated better than the week, have better rights and all that. It wasn't a big surprise that he thought like that. '' But you know that if the soldier C project gets completed then you'll become a mindless person that will be able to be ordered around? And what is Renshou really planning? ''  

Kaito began laughing. '' I don't mind, I'll at least become strong! And about boss's plan... '' He smirked and looked in to my eyes. '' I can't tell you that, because otherwise I'll have to kill you! '' 

'' I'm pretty sure that you're already planning to kill me anyway... I'll take my chances... '' I muttered, frowning at him. 

He stopped laughing, thinking about my words, then he began again. '' You're such a curious girl! You know what boss is going to do? He is going to hack in the level bosses program and make the boss of level 100 appear right next to the palace of the King of the Locals! He has a big army, but with the help of that monster we'll be able to defeat them and then boss will take the throne! ''  

My eyes slowly widened with shock. The boss of level 100? Renshou was planning to summon it in level 32 because him and Masashi alone didn't have a big enough army. Maybe the plan could work, the bosses that I fought against were already amazingly strong and I couldn't even imagine how was the one from level 100, but there was also a problem with that. Programs like the one of the level bosses were extremely complicated. This one could easily crash when Renshou would hack in to, causing something terrible like the boss of level 100 to lose control. Then we would all be pretty much screwed, even more than we already were. 

'' Renshou! '' I yelled with fury, causing him to raise his head and look at me from the platform where him and Arashi were. I already wanted to jump from the one I was standing on and attack him when Kaito threw his spear in my direction, forcing me to quickly move back to dodge it. I looked at him with anger, while he just smirked. 

'' I am deeply hurt, Natsumi! '' he dramatically called out. '' You already forgot about me! But don't worry, I didn't forget about you... If you want to reach boss you'll first have to defeat me, which we all know will never happen. '' With that he ran to the edge of the platform he was standing on and jumped in the air. I watched how he landed on the ground a few meters away from me, picked up his spear and turned at me. '' Now, shall we begin? ''  

I gripped the handle of my huge red sword and slowly narrowed my eyes, trying to concentrate, while Kaito's crazy smirk widened with amusement. 

Then he suddenly leaped forward, raising his spear above his head. He swung it down in my direction, but I quickly blocked it. He stepped back and spun, together with his weapon that created a half circle on the ground because of the blade before he circled with it above his head and tried to stab me, but I quickly dodged and blocked another attack that came after that.  

This way the fight continued, he was swinging his spear and trying to hit me with it and I blocked each of his attacks. This was both good and bad. It was bad because I was only able to block his attacks and I had no time to try to hit him too, but it was also good, because I could see how the blade on his weapon was already scratched and crushed on some parts.