Chapter 13

'' So, guys, having fun being partners? '' Riku casually asked and leaned against the wall, while Shiki sprinted in my direction. I already wanted to stand up again on my own when he suddenly grabbed my hands, pulled me up and started shaking me like crazy.

'' Natsu? Natsu? Are you alright?! Please, reply to me?! Can you hear me? Did those pillows hurt you?! '' he started yelling at me.

I stared in to his bright eyes with a serious expression on my face. '' Shiki, if I survived countless battles with different monsters, then I'm pretty sure that getting hit by a few pillows in the face isn't going to kill me. But I still am going to puke all over you if you don't stop shaking me this second. ''

Shiki instantly jumped back and his eyes got filled with tears, while I staggered for a few steps, feeling kind of dizzy because he was shaking me before. '' Natsumi, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it! ''

I looked at him with a serious expression on my face, then I sighed and lowered my head. No matter how much he annoyed me sometimes with his attitude, I still didn't want to make him cry. And the expression on his face made me feel like I was some kind of monster that liked to kick little puppies around. I ran through my ginger hair with my hand and looked at Shiki. '' Don't... Don't cry, okay? '' I slowly asked.

The second I said that his eyes lit up again and it was like a tail suddenly appeared behind him and started happily waving left and right. Now I knew where I got the idea about being a monster that liked to kick puppies around.

I just sighed again and looked at Riku that was still staring at Arashi and I, waiting for us to answer his question. I looked at Arashi that stared at me with his green eye and smirked. Then I frowned and nodded. '' Yeah, Riku, '' I said and rolled my eyes. '' We're having so much fun. But today we came here to check on you. How are you doing? ''

Riku grinned at me, grabbed my arm and started dragging me inside the small apartment. '' I'm having the best time! '' he told me, his voice was full of enthusiasm. I couldn't help it but to feel a little hurt at that. I knew that it was selfish of me to think that, considering the number of times I either punched or yelled at Riku. But I was sad, because it seemed like he liked the members of the Hellforce better than he liked me. Just when I started to think about that to much he looked at me again and grinned. '' But don't worry. You're still the most awesome partner anyone could have. You think the same of me, right? I mean, no one can beat our awesomeness! ''

My eyes slightly widened with surprise at that, then I slowly smiled and nodded. '' Yeah. No one can beat our awesomeness. ''

'' More like lameness, '' Arashi that was walking behind me muttered.

My eye twitched, then I just raised my fist and punched him. '' Shut up. You're the lame one here, '' I hissed before I focused my attention on Riku. I knew that now that we switched teams we weren't going to spend so much time together as we used to, so now that I saw him again I didn't want Arashi to keep distracting me from him. '' How's everyone else doing? ''

Riku thoughtfully shrugged. '' Pretty okay I guess. Tomorrow I'm going on my first mission with them! ''

'' Tomorrow? What were you doing until now then? Are you really so lazy? '' Arashi spoke up from behind me again.

That was when I froze and my eye started twitching with annoyance again. Then a dark aura surrounded me and I started cracking my knuckles. I slowly turned around and looked at Arashi with a creepy expression on my face. '' If you don't want to get punched... Then you better go keep company to someone else! ''

Arashi just rolled his eye and then looked at Shigeru and Takeo. '' Fine. I'll go talk with them. They are better company than you two anyway. '' With that he turned around and slowly strolled in their direction.