Chapter 16

The headquarters of Kei's guild were pretty interesting in their own way. They weren't as fancy as the one of the Knights of the kingdom, but I had to admit that the castle where the guild members lived was kind of like a real home. It was pretty big and old, full of different towers. The second Tsukimo finally allowed me to look through the window I realised that it was placed somewhere in level 21. The reason I knew that was because the forest, the mountains, the field and everything else that was around the castle, was covered with a layer of snow.  

There was a reason why level 21 was also known as the Land of snow. The second I entered I instantly knew that the snow never disappeared there and winter was the only season, and nothing more. I was grateful that someone quickly defeated the boss of this level, because after only three days there I was already losing my mind. I was never really resistant to things like that and I got sick very easily. So it wasn't a surprise that I spend all my time in level 21 coughing, drinking tea and trying to get over a terrible cold. I remembered that back then also one of the things happened that made me think that I could actually count on Riku and that he was never going to leave me. He didn't want to tell me what he did, but I knew that it was probably a nasty job, because we had no money and yet somehow he managed to get us a room in an inn so I could recover from my fever there.  

There was only one small village in level 21, called Yuki. And it was a miracle that even that existed because the only people that liked to stop here were red players and criminals. There was no Night guard here and other strongest players that could find them preferred to hang out in Hirasawa. That was why I shouldn't be surprised that Kei decided to hide somewhere here.  

'' Oi, Natsumi! '' Nai called and waved with his hand in front of my face. '' Are you okay? Is there something wrong with you? Please, tell me that there's nothing wrong with you! I'm getting worried! ''

We were currently standing in front of the bathrooms. I finally found out what did Tsukimo's evil laughing mean before. The 'bathrooms' as she called them, were actually a small section on one side of the castle. It had different parts where you could find showers, toilets a bath house and other things like that.  

I just kept standing there and staring at the steam that was coming from the entrance. I could also hear voices that were clearly telling me that there were other people there. Now, one of the things about me was that I liked to keep my private parts private. That was why I wasn't too happy when I caught Arashi staring at my boobs multiple times.  

'' Am I... Am I supposed to actually take a shower in front of other people? '' I slowly asked.  

Tsukimo rolled her eyes and muttered: '' Nope, you're here to bake me and Nai a few sandwiches. ''

I frowned with annoyance. '' Ha-ha. How much I appreciate your sarcasm. '' Then I turned at Tsukimo and seriously added: '' And by the way, I don't think you're doing it right, it doesn't hurt how it's supposed to. You're an idiot that doesn't even know how to make a good sarcastic comment. '' I grinned and pointed at her. '' Who's laughing now? ''  

Nai stepped between us and whined: '' Could you two stop for a while?! You promised to try to be nice to each other! ''  

I frowned, then slowly looked in Tsukimo's direction. Then we both glared at each other, crossed our arms and looked away. '' Tch. She started it, '' Tsukimo muttered, rolling her eyes.  

I rolled my eyes. '' No, I didn't. ''  

After that neither one of us said anything else, until Nai began whining again. '' Tsukimo! Come on! ''

Tsukimo was still ignoring him for a few seconds, then she sighed and lowered her head. '' Fine... But aren't you going to go, Natsumi? We finished the tour of the castle, I told you everything about our guild that I was allowed to and now we're here. ''