Chapter 64

I flew around the wolf, carefully observing it and trying to find the magic seal that I needed to destroy if I wanted to defeat the monster. Renshou still just stood on it's head, with his arms crossed and waiting for it to kill me. Unfortunately the wolf really did have the upper hand for now, it's wind attacks were pretty powerful and I couldn't find the magic seal on it. 

I flew up above it again, holding my katana in right hand that was completely covered with blood. That was because it got accidentally hit by a special tornado-like attack of the wolf that created thousands of miniature cuts that stung like hell. They also bled a lot and I was starting to get worried that I was going to loose feeling in my arm. That would be terrible because I wouldn't be able to hold my katana with my left hand because I already needed it to pull the handles of my glider.  

Suddenly it was like I got surrounded by fog that came out of nowhere. My eyes widened, then I quickly pulled a string on my glider, closing the wings on it. I was barely able to save them before it happened. Small blasts of wind began flying towards me from all directions and when they hit they felt like bullets. My eyes widened with shock and when I opened my mouth blood came out of it. Then what felt like thousands of blasts of wind stopped shooting and my limp body started falling out of the cloud of fog. 

When I passed the wolf, floating in the air I suddenly noticed something that I didn't before. As the animal opened it's huge mouth and growled my eyes stopped on something. 

'' You gotta be kidding me, '' I murmured before I fell through the clouds and began crashing down to the ocean. 

The good news was that I finally managed to find the magic seal on the wolf. 

One of the many, many, many... Let's just say that one of the depressing number of bad news was that the magic seal was on the wolf's tongue. 

I sighed and grabbed the grey scarf that was wrapped around my neck, all old, faded out, torn and covered with old blood stains that I never washed out. As always after seeing it, I remembered Kei that gave it to me and the rest of my guild. Thinking about all of them helped me move and wrap the scarf around my right arm that was covered with a fresh layer of blood and wounds, no matter how much in pain I was. Still falling, I put away the katana I was holding in my right hand and gritted with my teeth in pain when I slowly wrapped it around one of the handles on my glider. Then I raised my left hand and pulled the string, opening the wings on it that instantly threw me a few meters up in the air. I watched the ocean under me for a second, then I quickly moved one of the handles on my glider, directing it up towards the sky again.  

As I flew back in the direction of the wolf and Renshou I quickly wiped the blood that was dripping from my head and slipping down my forehead and the rest of my face. Then I narrowed my eyes with determination, fighting the pain that I felt, decided that I was going to win this fight.  

I quickly circled around the wolf, dodging the bullets made of air that were coming out of everywhere. I stopped above the level boss for a moment, then I flew exactly towards it, causing Renshou's yellow eyes that were watching me the whole time so slightly widen. Different from him, I was staring at the opening between two long lines of sharp teeth, sighing, because maybe I escaped a wolf's stomach now, but doing something like this again, made it seem like I almost wanted to get eaten. When I was just a few meters away I quickly closed the wings on my glider again, not wanting to get them crushed, then I fell in the wolf's mouth, an instant before it tried to crush me with it's teeth. 

It took me a few moments to figure out that the slippery and disgusting thing I was sitting on was the monster's tongue. Then, just as I wanted to stand up, I got thrown in the direction of the sharp teeth again. My eyes widened with fear, but I quickly frowned, not wanting to let myself get scared. I needed to stay strong, focused and always keep on fighting.