Chapter 25

I was still pointing at Arashi with my sword. My eyes were narrowed and I was carefully analysing the situation in my head. This wasn't good, in fact it looked like things were going worse and worse every second and Arashi's appearance was just the cherry on top of this disaster cake. Wait a minute... Disaster cake? Since when did I start using expressions like that? Maybe Arashi was right, I really have changed.  

'' You have to let me pass, '' I seriously said, glaring at him with my blue eyes. '' The alarm will go on in two minutes and then the whole headquarters'll be full of guards. ''  

Arashi frowned and gritted with his teeth. '' Tell me why would I let a traitor pass, '' he hissed and pointed at me.  

Damn, another painful hit in the heart.  

'' I... I have my reasons, '' I whispered, trying to look like I didn't care about what he said.

Arashi raised his eyebrow. '' Code white? Like you said to Hikari? '' he carefully asked. 

I lowered my head. '' I can tell you, '' I whispered. '' I'm sorry. '' 

It looked like this just made Arashi even angrier. '' You can tell me?! '' he yelled. '' You never tell me anything, you idiot! You always do things on your own! How do you expect me to trust you then?! '' My eyes widened and I raised my head again and looked at him. He stood there, clenching his fists with anger, but I could see it in his green eye that he was hurt. He thought that he was just another one of the many people that I betrayed.  

I sighed and moved my hand, stuffing it in the pouch that was hanging on my waist, trying to find one of the things that I packed for this mission. In the meantime I was still looking at Arashi, with a serious expression on my face. '' You say that I don't tell you anything and so you can't trust me? '' I slowly began before I narrowed my eyes. '' Then what about you? All of you? You all instantly assumed that I just betrayed you, without questioning it twice. '' The corners of my lips lifted in to a slight smirk. '' You know, it hurts a little. But there's nothing that I can do about it now. '' 

Arashi seemed shocked for a second, then he sighed and said: '' I want to trust you, shrimp. '' There was something strange in his voice, a mixture of sadness and guilt. He looked at me and quietly asked: '' But you need to tell me. What the hell is going on!? '' 

That was when I grinned, pulled the potion that I was looking for out of my pouch and said: '' Wouldn't we all like to know?! '' Then I grabbed the stopper on it with my teeth, pulled it of and threw it in Arashi's direction. The next second I quickly pulled out the collar of the small cape that I was wearing and covered my mouth with it. The thing that I threw wasn't really a normal potion, it was a present, created by a magician that was a wind user. He collected smoke and sleeping powder in a bottle. But the problem was that this smoke was extremely effective, you needed to breathe it in just once and it instantly made you fall asleep.  

I heard how Arashi tried to say something else, but then he collapsed on the ground, obviously not prepared for the sleeping smoke. I quickly pulled the hood of my cape up, placed my sword back on my back and rushed out of the Storage room, while the smoke kept spreading through the hallways behind me.  

I just reached the stairs that were leading to the next floor when the alarms went on. My eyes slightly widened with surprise, then I quickly concentrated again, trying not to panic, even if I could already hear the numerous sounds of footsteps of the guards that were instantly everywhere. They were coming from all the directions and I suddenly had no escape route anymore. Then my eyes stopped on something. The window.  

An idea appeared in my head and I quickly grabbed a chair that was placed nearby, throwing it at it. The glass shattered, way louder then I thought it would and I heard how one of the guards that were coming up the stairs yelled: '' The intruders! They are in the hallway in front of us! ''