Chapter 59

This was the day that I will always remember as the day when my biggest nightmare came to life. Even if it was maybe actually like second most biggest nightmare, because the person on the giant spider that was chasing me down the street was still Renshou and not a clown. If it would be a clown standing on the monster's back and laughing crazily then I would probably be completely paralysed from the terror. Now I was at least able to run as fast as I could around the town that was already in ruins, with people running around, screaming and fighting. My heart was racing, it was ringing in my head and I didn't dare to look back, because I was starting to get the terrible feeling that the huge black spider and Renshou that was standing on his back, would catch up with me soon.  

Then there were suddenly a couple of strong air bullets that flew out of nowhere, hitting the spider and causing it to stumble back and crush in a nearby building. I looked around, then I noticed Nai that flew down from the sky and landed on the ground next to me. He looked at me, his body was covered with bruises and wounds, but he seemed fine. Just one look at the dark expression on his face was enough for me to see that he was still in his alter ego form.  

'' Ryoutan's Silver elite and Aya's Knights of the lost star are only a little behind me. Riot knights, one of the three biggest groups of soldiers from our guild are on their way too, '' he seriously murmured and placed himself with a fighting position while there were waves of air circling around his hands. '' There are monsters that appeared in level 2 too and in level 32 too. They are strong, but we are doing the best that we can, Aya's team is currently working on evacuating the people from the city, while Ryoutan's team, Riot knights, I and some others are going to try to defeat this bastard, '' he gestured at the spider and Renshou that were slowly picking themselves up from the ground. '' By the way, '' he glanced at me with his purple eyes and showed me his palm that had no black crystal in the middle of it anymore. '' Nice job. ''  

'' T-Th-Thanks... I-I... I wish I could help here, but I can't, '' I stuttered, looking at my shaky hands with wide eyes. I was too afraid to even try to advance and hit the spider before. '' I can't, I am too afraid of spiders, I just can't help it. ''  

'' It's alright, then you better go to level 14. Shadow order, the last one of our smaller fighting groups is already at level 32, they went there to save Tsukimo when the monster appeared. Apparently the situation is very bad and they asked for backup. False power's little group of five already went there, but if you'll be fast enough then you'll be able to meet Sione's big legion at the teleporting platform in level 14. She asked everyone that isn't already here on in level 2 to gather and help before they'll go to level 32, '' Nai informed me and clenched his fingers in to fists, gathering energy. 

I heard that the giant spider began moving in our direction again, but I was too scared to turn around and actually look at it. '' Okay. And I'm sorry, for being a coward and not helping here, '' I murmured and lowered my head. 

'' You're no coward. Now go, '' Nai told me, making me smile a little. '' Just don't die, okay? ''  

'' Who the hell do you think you're talking to? '' I asked and grinned. He smirked at that and we highfived each other before I ran down the street, in the direction of where I knew that the nearest teleporting platform was. I was just a few meters away from Nai when a wave of wind suddenly pushed me forward and I couldn't help it but to look over my shoulder, trying to ignore the spider. 

My eyes widened at the sight of Nai that moved his arms back, surrounded by waves of wind and then suddenly raised them up in front of him, creating a huge tornado that crushed in to spider monster. That was the last thing I saw before they all disappeared from my sight. I turned my head again and continued running, still a little shocked. Nai's strength always surprised me considering that when he wasn't fighting he always acted like the biggest idiot, making me forget how strong he actually was.