Chapter 22

I stood there, with wide eyes and my hands, shaking. I was completely in shock because of what I heard from the two members of Phoenix's tail. So Masashi went that far, he even dared to order two players to kill me. Now I also knew that everything, well, probably at least most of what Kei told me was true. Even if I would escape from the castle of his guild and go back to the Knights of the kingdom, there was no place for me there anymore. At least I didn't want it to be there. That was why I made a decision now. I was already in that direction, but right now I knew that this was the only thing that I was supposed to be doing.

I slowly raised my head and the corners of my mouth lifted up in to a dangerous smirk. '' My assassination, eh? I must say that I'm actually quite flattered to hear that Masashi thinks I'm such a big danger... But, can I ask you something before we begin? Do you two even know the two intentions of Masashi? ''

Aidou's eyes widened a little, then he burst in to laughter. '' You... You really thought that we didn't know?! You underestimate us little girl! Of course we know what he wants and we both think that it's right. We're going to be stuck here for a while, possibly even forever. We need to make this world our own, we can't keep living here like visitors! ''

I looked right at him and narrowed my blue eyes. '' Why not? '' I seriously asked. I had no problems with that, it actually seemed fair to me. '' We are nothing more than visitors after all. This is the home of the Locals. ''

Aidou started laughing even harder. He elbowed Toushirou and pointed at me. '' Do you hear that! She actually thinks like that! They're only programs made by the computer after all! ''

I didn't even pay to their conversation anymore. My eyes travelled to the kids, still trapped in the middle of the fire prison that Aidou and Toushirou created. Tsukimo seemed to notice how I stiffened and squatted down a little, preparing to do something and quickly took a step closer: '' Wait, what are you doing, idiot? This is no time for jokes, we better get rid of this two idiots and then go back before Kei gets angry... He doesn't really like to wait. ''

I shook my head and smiled. '' Leave this to me. Masashi ordered my assassination after all. ''

Tsukimo just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. '' Whatever, '' she muttered. '' God, I hope that this is going to be the only time when something like that happens... That superiority complex that you got right now, it's really annoying. ''

I cringed and glared at her, before I quickly focused again. Then I suddenly moved and ran in the direction of the fire prison. Toushirou and Aidou stopped talking about something, while Tsukimo that didn't expect me to do what I did then screamed after me. But I just ignored all the three of them, jumped in the air and covered my face, trying to protect myself from the flames of the fire prison that was in front of me. I let out a quiet squeak when I felt how the fire touched my body, but thankfully it burned only the cape that I was wearing to hide myself from people that could recognise me and my skin on some different places, but it didn't hurt. I landed on the ground next to the kids, then I quickly rushed to them.

'' Is everyone okay? '' I asked with worry, then I suddenly froze on the spot, with my eyes, slowly widening with surprise. Everyone seemed only a little beat up, without any serious wounds, except for Seira. She, different from the others, was in a very bad situation. Her left arm was completely covered with burns. She was holding it with her other one and sobbing while blood kept dripping from the wounds on it.

When I stopped next to her she slowly raised her head and looked at me with terrified eyes. It felt almost like someone stabbed me in the heart. I knew what it was, the guilt, it hit me because I knew that it was my fault that she ended up like this, that she was in so much pain. If I would've taken care of the kids everything would've been fine. But instead it ended up with Seira getting hurt, because I was such an idiot that didn't even know how to look after a party.