Chapter 50

'' B-But I-I j-just can't... '' I whispered, covering my face with my hands and sobbing. '' I just can't pick social life over video games. '' With that I began sobbing even louder, while Tsukimo began nodding and agreeing that she would never pick people over anything else either. That was when I stopped and looked at her with a grin on my face and elbowed her. '' Except one person and we all know who he is, am I right, am I right? '' I started giggling like an idiot until I began to hiccup.

Tsukimo's face became even redder than it was before. '' Y-You... S-Sh-Shu-Shut u-up! This bottles might be empty, but I can still brake them on your head. '' When she tried to hit me with one of them she accidentally missed me, lost balance on the table we were sitting on and first crashed on the ground. I instantly burst in to laughter at the sight of the surprised look on her face and she joined me a few moments later.  

'' Hey, Tsukimo? '' I asked when I stopped laughing and looked at her with curiosity. Her eyes met mine and she raised her eyebrows in question. I tilted my head on one side. '' Why do you even like Nai? ''  

Her face became bright red again and she quickly began shaking her head and denying it like she always did, but I just shot a glare at her, causing her to stop. She rolled her eyes and sighed. '' Fine, you annoying ass. You really want to know why I don't despise him? Well, then I must tell you my whole life story to make you understand... So annoying... '' She moved the hair that was falling on her eyes and stared at the ceiling. '' I grew up in a really lousy part of Sapporo, the biggest town on Hokkaido. My father is a police officer, while my mother... Well, I don't even know, since the last time both me and my father saw was right after I was born. But he told me that she was a prostitute that he once picked up from the street. That's all I know, I have no idea what is even her name. She protected her true identity really well considering that prostitution is illegal in Japan... But I didn't mind, I never did, I got used to growing up without a mother. I was still very attached to my dad because of that, he was the only family that I had after all. Actually, the only person that I had, considering that I never had actual friends. My classmates at elementary school never really liked me because I was so different, only half Japanese and an albino. '' A grin appeared on her face. '' They called me ghost Tsuki. '' 

'' Ghost Tsuki? '' I repeated and hiccuped. 

She snickered and nodded. '' Because of my white hair and reddish eyes. I didn't mind that much though, I still had my daddy after all. Then someone decided to take him away from me too. People are cruel, oh, they can be so cruel. My father was a policeman in our dangerous neighbourhood and that was why a lot of people hated him. Once he was chasing after a murderer that found out that I am his daughter. I got shot three times, but the bullets hit just my leg, stomach and shoulder, so I somehow survived. But still, the social service appeared and decided that my father wasn't able to take care of me properly. I got taken away from him by force and shipped to another a little bit smaller town, where I lived with his sister and her husband ever since then and I've never seen my father again since neither of us were allowed to visit each other. The NOA gear and the Kingdom of battles were a birthday present from my uncle, he said that, even if he actually got both for free from the company he works for that sells electronic devices. I still tried it out and ended up here. ''  

I felt a little bad now. It was easy to notice the way her voice shook when she talked about her father. She was really sad because of leaving him and she remembered that because of me. I already wanted to tell her that she didn't have to keep talking if she didn't want to, but she already opened her mouth and continued. 

'' I started as a solo player at first. It wasn't easy for me to level up, because I had no idea how to fight. I was a level 5 assassin, I worked in level 1 as a collector of different objects like enchanting stones and simple equipment when one day when I was coming back I got targeted by a group of Red players that wanted to kill me and collect everything that I had in my inventory. That was when Nai and Mizuki appeared, both already level 20 already and yet still weaker than my attackers and outnumbered. And yet Nai still insisted that I needed help. He risked his life for me and didn't even ask for anything in return. After having a little conversation with him I was mesmerised by the way he was able to always smile in life, always find a reason to look forward to still be alive the next day. He was like a light in this world, full of bad people. ''