Interview with sianywu22

1. What inspired you to write?
I'm not really sure what was the main thing, but I think it had something to o with how at school I'm kind of invisible and not many people notice me, and I wondered what it would be like if I were noticed. When my sister joined Wattpad and asked me to join too because she knew someone, I realised that by writing I could create a whole new world in my head and I could control what happened to who. I guess it was kind of nice knowing there was something I could control for once.

2. Which character of yours is the most like you?
I think that Absidy out of Contagious Chemistry is most like me. I mean, she has a strange name and I've been told she's got my temper and attitude too. She's definitely one of my favourite characters.

3. What's your favorite band to listen to when you write?
There's so many! But it would either be My Chemical Romance or Sleeping With Sirens.

4. Would you rather go a year with out reading a book or writing?
That's a hard one! But probably reading.

5. If you could have one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and why?
Um... probably Alex from Contagious Chemistry because... I don't really know. I think I like him so much because between his arrogance and conceitedness, he's still nice when he wants to be, I guess.

6. If you could publish one of your stories which would it be and why?
Heartbreak Made Me A Killer (after intense editing, anyway) because it was the first serious book I wrote and it's based on one of my favourite songs from a band that broke up recently, and I don't know, I just feel like I owe it them to do something with it.

7. What's your wattpad pet peeve?
When people add my stories to their library but don't become a fan or vote. It's like, a tiny thing, I know, but come on, if you like the story enough to add it to your library, it would only take half a second to fan or vote as well. Not being cocky or anything, haha, it just annoys me a bit.

8. What's your least favorite thing about writing?
Probably how it all gets judged so quickly. Like how everyone says "Don't judge a book by it's cover!" But everyone really does. If it's not the type of thing they normally read, then they won't touch it. If something is different, it's automatically assessed as bad, which is stupid.

9. What's your favorite thing about writing?
The best thing about writing is probably how it helps me escape my own life when it gets really bad. I can start writing and make everything in the story happy. Or I can realise that the story's a bit too fairy-tale-like and that I need to ruin someone's life or relationship in the story to make it better. Sometimes I wish I could do that in real life, haha!

10. What are some writing tips you can give the readers?
Too much direct speech can get boring; you don't want to read a book full of just dialogue. Sometimes books with more description than dialogue are the better ones. Don't be afraid to go all out or crazy with an idea for a novel - don't care what people say about what you're doing, because if you really enjoy it then you're really doing nothing wrong.