Interview with terranalleen

1. What inspired you to write?
I've been writing my whole life pretty much. My dad used to write fiction in his free time and so I was encouraged to do it. I started with little storybooks that I illustrated when I was little, and moved onto fanfiction after reading Lord of the Rings in elementary school. It just kind of continued on from there, I guess?

2. Do you plan to continue writing Rebel Angel, Proper Wattiquette, and Oneiros?
Rebel Angel was just kind of a random poem I uploaded on a whim. I've written some poetry, but it's not really my thing. Proper Wattiquette, probably not. I am trying to move away from Wattpad as I move towards self-publishing. Oneiros, definitely! I do dabble in outlining for it occasionally. It's just a matter of feeling inspired. I will definitely come back to this one and finish at some point

3. Who makes your covers? If you do, what program(s) do you use?
I do! I use Photoshop CS3/Elements 10, and either photos I've taken or public domain photos

4. What is your favorite thing about writing?
When I'm really into a story and things just come to me and I end up feeling everything my characters do.

5. What is your least favorite thing about writing?
The amount of time it takes. I have to cut a lot of other stuff out!

6. What can you tell us about the next book in the Tattoo series?
A lot of it will not be taking place in the town the first book was set in. Also, Mitch and Mac will explore their relationship a lot more, and Nick will have a rather unique set of problems to deal with. Someone gets married! (It's kind of obvious who does, though, haha.)

7. If you could have one of your characters become a real person who would it be and why?
This is really hard because I have so many and I like them all for different reasons. D: If I had to pick just one from Tattoo, probably...Mitch? I think we'd get along.

8. Which character of yours is the most like you?
From Tattoo, definitely Mitch. That might be a little bit sad. :P I'm secretly very grumpy.

9. If you could, would you publish Tattoo?
I am planning on it, so yes!

10. What’s some advice you can give to someone who is in the closet?
Coming out can be beneficial for a lot of reasons, but you definitely do not have to do it ever! You probably shouldn't if you will be kicked out or harmed for doing so. It's best to think of how it will affect you personally, and if you decide to come out, do it to a close friend first.

11. What’s some advice you can give to someone who gets bullied for being gay? Or just someone being bullied in general?
Hmm. If you can remove yourself from the situation, do it. If you can't, tell someone who can do something about it. If that doesn't work, making a stand (in a public place where there are witnesses around if it goes south) can be an option, but that can end badly, so be careful if you try to confront somebody.

12. What’s some writing tips for the readers?
Try not to think about what others will say about your writing. It's the easiest way to get blocked. Don't judge yourself, and don't let anyone judge you (unless they are a beta, in which case constructive criticism is your best friend). Everyone makes mistakes, and that's okay. You're always going to be learning and improving, so don't wait until that magical day when your writing will suddenly be "perfect". If it's readable and you want to share it with others, I recommend having someone look it over for errors. Read! Not just fiction, but also humorous comic strips about grammar! Because those are extremely helpful and you will learn a lot. Also, don't be afraid to totally screw over grammar and punch it in the face. If it clarifies your meaning, break a rule or two. Just have fun with it.