Interview with AwesomeCo-Writers

1. What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing?

I started to write during middle school and I'm not in high school, so maybe four to five years? I was inspired by Edgar Allan Poe. He was and still is my favorite author. At first, I wrote poems dealing with my everyday life. Then I'd sort of have day dreams or I'd randomly zone out. That's how I formed my stories. The daydreams got out of hand and I really needed to release them by writing.

2. What's your favorite thing about writing?

I DO NOT make plots for my stories. I write/type them down as they come. I really love being in this world that my mind has created. By entering the world of the werewolves, fairies or vampires, I get to escape the everyday drama or problems I face. I also love how people get excited over my writing and how they constantly ask for the ending...But then I can never answer them. I wouldn't know the ending to my stories, not unless I'm done wiritng them.

3. What's your least favorite thing about writing? (Besides writer's block)

I hate making mistakes! I get too lazy and let them be until I finish the whole book. I don't really get write's blocks. I get what I'd call 'word blocks.' I find it very hard to find the right words for the dialogues and the descriptions. It just really drives me crazy! (Which is why my thesaurus became my best friend.)

4. Which character of yours is most like you?

I wuld have to say Jason from 'Love Me Again.' Much like him, I always seem to fall for my close friends or guys who think of me as a 'little sister.' That really why Jason has been my favorite character. I can relate to his heartbreak. That's why I'm going to try writing about HIS story. I'll try to come up with something for 'Loving Again.' (I deleted it because I have a major writer's block for it.)

5. Movies or books?

Hands down- BOOKS!

6. If you could make one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and why?

I would love to make Jason come to life. If Leila can't accept him, then I will! Hahaha.

7. Do you prefer writing or reading?

I like doing a little of both. Whenever I can't come up with anything to write, I try to read and keep myself calm for a little bit. Writing can be frustrating at times.

8. Who's your favorite author in real life and on wattpad?

I have favorite authors for every genre. Romance- Nicholas Sparks. Horror/Mystery- Edgar Allan Poe. Adventure- James Patterson/Suzanne Collins.

9. What's your wattpad pet peeve?

I get irritated by really long titles that really give out the story's plot! Just keep it short and simple, people! I dislike other writers who feel like they need to have a certain number of votes before they update. For me, as long as at least ONE person is reading my work I'll continue! You shouldn't judge your work by the number of votes and comments it receives. MANY wattpad writers here are very talented, but never get the amount of votes and comments they deserve. Does that bother them? Hell no. So it shouldn't bother you. The last thing might just be how a lot of stories are so similar and BLAH! I love Historical Fictions because they in the eras they were written and their story plots have substance. Many stories around here are all about running away and getting makeovers. Many of them are NOT realistic at all.

10. What are some writing tips you can give the readers?

Be original. Try to make some exciting twists and turns in your story. Try to keep the titles short. Giving away the whole plot with your title won't earn you any readers. You need to keep them satisfied and hold some things off too, just to keep them coming back for more. Do NOT depend on the number of votes and comments to continue. Not everyone would get wattpad famous just like that. You need to work hard and just keep updating your story. It was and still is hard to get more readers for me, but it's okay. As long as some people are still reading my work, I am happy. Lastly, write your heart out. It's your story, you decide who to kill or who to pair up.