Reader x Death the Kid

This is for Shingeki-No-LietPol, thanks for requesting!

~ForeverYoungest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Symmetry is Everything"

You watched as Kid measured everything to symmetry with the rest of the house.

"Kid," you groaned loudly but he didn't seem to take notice.

He turns a picture then looks over at you. He studies your face and body.

"You're not symmetrical, (y/n)-San."

"So? Who cares?"

Kid gave you a 'seriously' look and you mentally face palmed.

He takes your wrist, leading you up into his room. He stands you in front of his mirror.

"Kid-" you were cut off by him placing a finger to your lips.

"Don't speak." With that, he went straight to work adjusting your clothes.

After a few hours of just fixing your clothes, Kid turned you to face him.

He took a step towards you, scanning your face. You felt your cheeks warm with the fact that he was paying so much attention to your face.

Kid reaches a hand towards you and gently pushes a loose hair behind your ear, but leaves his hand there.

He gazes at your face for a few seconds.

Removing his hand, he stands back.

"Come back tomorrow," he says with a sigh. You nodded and left.

~

Upon getting home, you went upstairs to your room and looked directly at yourself in the mirror, as if to find anything that wasn't symmetric to everything else.

You didn't really understand Kid's condition. He always wanted to make you symmetrical, which always made you feel insecure around him; especially when he's the one you're crushing on.

Sighing, you looked at the clock; 18:48. You shrugged off the early time and slipped into your pajamas.

You turned on the radio to find your favorite song on. You grin widely as you sing and dance to it's rhythm.

You were so into the song that you didn't notice the flight of stairs you were dancing towards.

One wrong step and-

You gripped your shirt tightly, heart feeling as if it was going to beat out of your chest.

You took deep breaths, taking your foot off the stair.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" A voice asks on the floor below.

You look down through the rail and see the black haired boy standing there with his arms crossed.

"Uh, yeah! I'm fine! Why do you ask?"

"Your knuckles are white and you look as pale as a ghost. Come here."

You slowly followed his orders, descending the stairs.

Upon reaching him, Kid gently takes your hand and leads you to your living room, sitting you on the couch. He sits beside you.

"Tell me what happened."

You take a deep breath.

"Well I was dancing to my favorite song," you start. Kid nods and you continue, "and I reach the stairs. Without noticing, I stepped down and nearly gave myself a heart attack."

You notice Kid stifle a laugh but it quickly goes away.

"Are you okay?"

You smile at him. "Yeah, thanks."

"Listen," Kid starts, scratching behind his head.

"There's something about you, that makes me feel happy; like I don't want to leave you.."

"Infatuation?"

"No, it's not like that." The dark haired teenager places a hand over yours.

"Listen; you are absolutely perfect to me. Even though you're not symmetrical, I don't care. All I have to say is, I love you."

"Kid, I, I don't know what to say."

He squeezes your hand.

"It's okay, you don't have to speak."

You furrowed your eyebrows, confused.

Kid leans over a kisses your cheek; but almost a second later he moves and does the other side as well.

You giggle at his need for symmetry, all whilst your face resembled a tomato.

Kid smiles. "You look so adorable when you blush, (y/n)-chan," he says, which only made your face redder.

"T-thanks, Kid," you mumble, looking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I'm sorry for the terrible ending!!!! D: