chapter four

edited 11/14/14

+

I nodded. I was trying to keep myself calm. I had spent the day with Rydel, but that was different. She was a girl and we had a connection. As fellow girls we should stick together. But whatever if the guys don't like me?

To late. Rydel grabbed me and dragged me outside, "Okay! I'll follow you, just let me go!" I struggled under her grasp. Who knew she was so strong?

Rydel shook her head, "Nope. I don't believe you," I ran along side her until they reached the door.

I counted down, "Five, four, three, two-" Rydel cut me off.

"One go!" Rydel yelled. She slid open the door like she's done a million times. The door opened to a bunch of boys having a diving board contest.

"And these," Rydel paused and pointed to the guys, "Are my brothers." My face was literally melting, and not just from the heat. She recognized all of them at once.

"That's Riker, the oldest, then me, then Rocky, Ross and Ryland. And look, there's Ratliff! Still. Here." Rydel pointed out all of her brothers to me.

"I know..." My hands started shaking from the excitement. So I just turned and tried to look natural talking to Rydel.

"Go ahead. Freak out. It's natural." Rydel approved of my fangirling.

"No thank you." I was afraid to say something stupid and make them believe I was just another stereotypical fan.

"Rydel and Rydel's friend-" Riker started yelling but Rydel cut him off. Rydel, someone please take your scissors away.

"She has a name!" Rydel yelled at him. Riker was still waiting for it, "Oh, it's Jordan. Oops." She laughed at herself.

"Okay then, Rydel and Jordan," He said slowly for emphases "can you judge our diving board contest?" Riker finished. Oh my god, I had heard of these but had never thought to be witnessing one. Well, I didn't think that I would ever be friends with Rydel either.

"Again?" Rydel complained.

"Yes again! I it's for who has to clean the dishes! By the way, you have to compete too." Ross explained.

"Fine, follow me Jordan, your competing to. Just not as seriously." Rydel said, dragging me upstairs to her room.

Rydel put on a pretty pink bikini, while she threw Jordan a yellow and white stripped one. "Okay, here's the secret. You only get one shot one the diving board, so push them off. And if your pushed, pretend you're drowning." Rydel explained.

I nodded vigorously, "Lets beat the crap out of them!"

Rydel got an evil smirk. I could almost taste the victory.

The two besties skipped down stairs, "When we win, let's put on our sunglasses on at the same time and push as many of than as possible in!" Jordan said, grabbing her glasses and walking outside.

"Alright, let the master show you how it's done." Rocky smirked. As Rydel and I walked waking outside. I couldn't help but smile. Rydel was already walking over there, so I grabbed her camera. Just as Rocky got focused at the end of the diving board, Rydel snuck up behind him and pushed him. His focus broke and he was just in shock. The moving board came in and kicked him off.

I decided not to push rest of them off at that instant, I could win all by myself. I called to Rydel, "Rydel! Watch out!" The sudden weight loss flung Rydel off the faded white board.

"A little late!" Rydel swam out of their pool, her hair looked funny. Like it was about to explode with a lively green shade.

"Rydel your hair..." I asked her. Well, it wasn't really a question. But she got the point.