Chapter Twenty One

"I'm home!" Jules came in through the doorway. It was Halloween night, and the Lynch's are coming over. Jake and Jules just got home from school, 5th grade. Life was basically 100% perfect. #Rydan had only begun, but no one was worried.

"How was school?" I looked up from the T.V.

"Well, Jake hurt his arm playing kick ball and you have to go pick him up." She stared at her feet.

"Okay then, get in the car." I ran my fingers through my long brown hair before sighed and opening the door. Jules swung her backpack over onto the table and following me outside. I locked it and ran over to the car. The engine roared to life as backed out of the driveway to collect Jake.

------------------------------------------------------$------------------------------------------------------

"C'Mon, hurry up!" Jules whined at me.

"I'm going, I'm going!" I mimicked her.

"Get hurry up." She folded her arms over her chest and started to the door leaving me to catch up.

We walked down the long winding hallways until we reached the sign Office that hung above the door. I twisted it open and Jake wasn't there, no one was. What? I thought Jules said that we were supposed to pick Jake up from the Office, wait where's Jules?

The door clicked shut from behind me. I was all alone in this room.

And to make it worse, the door was locked.

Can this get any more terrible? Yes, the lights flicked until they were off.

"Jordan!" A sharp shrill scream came over the intercom, it was Jules' voice.

"Jordy help!" Rocky called.

"Jordy! Help, I'm dying!" Riker, Ross, and Delly shrieked. A cutting sound followed, booming over the intercom. My mind could barely wrap around what just happened, my family, my love, my bestfriends, dead. One last voice cam through. A scream. "Jordy- I- love-you." Riker's last words.

So wait, what? At least Carly was still alive. "Jordy!" An unexpected voice came. Carly was cut off by a slice.

"No, this, can't-" I started before collapsing onto the cold tile floor. "Happen," I drifted into temporary unconsciousness.

---------------------------------------$--------------------------------------

When I woke, I was in the same place, same situation. Except a note and some tools. A flashlight and some peanut butter.

Have fun Jordy! If you want you friends, they're not dead. . . yet. Follow my clues! One will fall at the top of each hour. Begin!

Your First Clue; The hallway containment center, millions of them but one you know is important.

What? Hallway containment, millions, like a locker? But which one? 281? That's the number of my middle school locker, it's worth a try.

I gripped the flashlight in my hand and burst through the door, running through the hall with the only sound of my shuffling shoes. I paused at 281 and braced myself to open it. A piece of paper laid in a barren locker. Another clue.

So you can follow a clue! Let's try another.

Your Second Clue: In the place of learning, same one, where the life is.

I'm guessing it's room 281 with the class pet.

And I was right, another clue faced me. How ever many their were, I would search this school through thick and thin to find them.

---------------------------------------$--------------------------------------

Three hours, 24 clues, three deaths. That was my count. The final one laid in between my fingers.

Before I opened it, I decided that I was hungry. So I took out my peanut butter and shoved some into my mouth. I heard strange noises, so I turned the corner to see my worst nightmare.

Riker, Delly, and Carly on the floor, sprawled unnaturally. Dead.

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

!

Did that suck as much as I thought it did, I'll release this and follow it up with another one.

Vote, Comment, Follow

-A