chapter eight

I stopped writing when I felt her leg slightly move, like she was trying to wake up. "Delly?!" Riker shrieked and rushed to her side.

She flinched away, "No it's Old McDonald." Riker laughed through his tears.

I might have been crying too, but I don't recall. My appearance wasn't my biggest priority at the moment.

"Thank God your awake! Riker was moping around everywhere."

"Seriously?" Rydel giggled, eyebrows raised. Riker looked so happy to see her smile.

"Oh Jordy. You know you liked it." He teased. Rydel looked between us, puzzled. She hasn't been informed about my nickname.

"I was comforting him," I shrugged.

"By hugging me! And holding my hand everywhere!" He objected.

I rolled my eyes, "Because if I didn't, you would be crying!" I explained mostly to Rydel, I didn't want her to think that I like Riker.

Even though it wouldn't be so bad if I did.

"Okay, let me get this straight. My brother and my new best friend were "comforting" each other while I was in surgery because my brother is to big of a baby to face the fact that I'm hurt?" Rydel threw her hands up in the air like what?

I nodded, "Yeah. You should have seen Riker. He was shaking and was about to burst into tears at every seco-"

My phone decided to go off. It's like they wait for the most inopportune time and then they go of like crazy.

It was my big bro, Jace. "Yello?" I said, waking out and leaving the siblings to talk.

"Where the hell are you?!" He yelled at me.

"Jezze bro. Calm down! Rydel broke her ankle and I'm at the hospital. Did you like, not check twitter or something?"

"Oh, I didn't expect you to be with her..." He trailed off.

"She just woke up, you fucktard. Of course I'm with her." I ended the phone call and stepped back in the room.

I decided it was time to go tell their brothers. "Hey Rydel, I'm gunna go get the guys."

I started to walk away but Riker stopped me. "I'll come with you! Be back in a minute Delly." He offered. I shrugged and continued walking.

"Is it true?" He asked, still shaking.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Is what true?"

He gave me a duh look, "That you were just comforting me." He said in a duh tone to match his look.

"Why?"

He rolled his eyes, "Just answer it!"

"Fine. Yeah, you looked like you were about to burst into a million years and flood the town. But, I wouldn't have done that for most people."

We walked side by side, our hands knocking together at times. He just had a proud look, with the corners in his mouth upturned, but he was obviously deep in thought. While I was freaking out, a million questions racing through my mind.

Does he like me? Do I like Riker?

Stop it brain!

Rydel is my tie to this family, not Riker, or Rocky, or Ross. I promise to myself, I held up a mental right hand. I, Jordan Elise Jacobs, will never date or like any of Rydel's brothers. And referring to them as 'Rydel's brothers' is best.

All the same, I crossed my fingers behind my back.

"How did it go?" Ross asked us in a concerned voice, snapping us out of our deep separate thoughts.

"She's awake- mnfghmnef," I was muffled by three boys running me over, literally.

I stood up from the white tile floor to see Rocky's outstretched hand above my forehead.

"Sorry Jordy! I didn't mean to trample you like that. . ." He rushed his apology, leaving the last word hanging in the air as he sprinted at full speed down the hall to the closing elevator doors, "Guys wait!" He called down the hall to them.

I noticed only Rocky, Ross, and Ryland had left. Ratliff was still sitting in the same spot with his eyes trained on a fixed spot.

"Hey. . . Ratliff. . ." Riker sat down next to the vacant body.

As if snapping out of his daze, he looked up, "Riker, I am so sorry. This is all my fault. . . All mine," A tear stood at the ready in the corner of his eye.

"What? No of course not! It wasn't your fault." Riker objected.

"No, it was. She was coming to talk to me about something but as soon as I realized what it was, I ran off in the other direction. She was leaning on my shoulder, and next thing I knew I ran around back and acted like nothing happened. I am so sorry Riker," The tear slipped from his eye. The picture, I remembered. It must have been about the picture.

My phone went off, Jace was calling again.

"What's so important?" I yelled at him.

"I thought that you should know I'm done unpacking the majority of the boxes and the twins are coming here tomorrow." He explained.

"Is that it?" I asked, obviously annoyed.

"Other than you have to pick the twins up, nothing," My eyes popped.

"Next time lead with that! I might not be home for a couple more hours, it's flooded with tears here." I told him.

"Kay, bye," He ended the phone call.

I walked back to Riker and Ratliff in the lobby crying. I slowly walked over to Riker and hugged him. He was worse. Ratliff stood up finally and announced, "I'm going to see her."

Riker and I stood there, him crying on me. He managed to wipe away his tears and ask me, "Who was that?" He pulled apart, except for our hands again.

"My brother. I have to pick up my little sister and brother from the airport tomorrow." I told him.

He gave me a puzzled look, "You have siblings?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, my older brother Jace, he's 20, Juliet and Jake, there identical twins. Their both 11."

"Seems like your parents have a favorite letter too." He noticed.

I nodded, "Yeah. I guess they do."

+

edited a/n:

1/20/15

WHY WONT ROCKY FOLLOW ANYONE ON TWITTER I S2G ITS 2015 FB ALREADY DAMN IT