chapter nine

Rocky pulled up to LAX. Rydel was in the backseat, not able to drive or fit her leg up there. We were in Rocky's car picking up my little sister and brother.

They were both 11, had stormy grey eyes, a soft shade of blonde hair, and slightly tanned skin. They were always together, even at at school. The twins were both really social and "popular" I guess. But to me, they'll always be dorks. Jake was 6 minutes older, about inch taller, and more muscular. Juliet was lean and way more considerate of her grades. All though they had their differences, they were so close its like they're always thinking they same thing at the same instant.

"Jordy!" Rocky snapped me out of my internal monologue.

"What now?" I complained, attempting slapping him. But he was already out of the car so I slapped the air and fell onto the drivers seat.

"Haha, you can't slap the Rocky Lynch!" He bragged. I rolled my eyes and made a mental note; Sneak up and slap Rocky.

Rydel rolled her eyes at Rockys annoying attitude today. "Let's just get your sister and leave."

"And brother." I added.

She looked at me like, wait really?

"Yeah. They're twins," I opened Rydel's door and let Rocky get her crutches. She tucked them under her shoulders and hobbled to the door.

I paused before going inside. I hadn't seen them in about a two weeks. They left so Jace and I could peacefully pack and unpack without people always under our feet. But now they were here in Ca-

"Jordy hurry up or I will pick you up and drag you!" Rocky screamed at me, snapping me back to reality mid thought.

I took up his offer and raised my arms. He slapped his own face and sighed, walking over to me. He swung me onto his back, giving me a piggy back ride.

"Can you stop flirting and move faster?" Rydel yelled at Rocky and I. Rocky kept carrying me, but we were both blushing, big time.

We left Rydel outside, since she would be trampled with her lame leg in there.

"Turn left! Forward. . . forward. . . forward. . . Right! No no no, right! Keep going. . . keep going. . . stop!" I guided Rocky through the endless labyrinth of an airport. We ended up standing outside of gate 67, three minutes late. Luckily, they were running behind schedule too.

Out of the grey hallway came my two siblings. Juliet had her hair in a high pony tail. She was wearing a white pencil skirt, black converse, and a white and turquoise Aeropostale baseball shirt. She was wearing her J necklace she had gotten as a last present from our parents. It was a family symbol that the youngest member was trusted with, and she never took it off.

Jake was just wearing athletic shorts and a Nike. His hair was ruffled in small spikes, mostly swept to the side. Mot that he cared anyway. When he got closer, not seeing us, I noticed dark circles under his eyes. He never lost sleep, it was his favorite thing next to eating. The only time he lost sleep was when there was a girl. I made a mental note to completely meddle in his love life.

Wait, my eleven year old brother has a love life?

"Yo munchies!" I yelled at the twins using my nickname for them. I hopped off of Rocky and walked closer towards them.

Their heads snapped at me in perfect union. Okay, I'm starting to believe that twin telepathy nonsense, "Jordan! Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan! Jake bit me!" Juliet ran to me and attacked me with a bear hug. My sister and I had a special relationship, as we basically were professionally trained in dealing with boys. When you have two of them, and one can legally drive, well, you can see why we bonded.

Jake rolled his eyes, "Only because she covered my mouth when I was about to tell this guy that she thought he was cute!" He whined. God, I never thought I would miss their pointless fights.

"Nu-uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

Okay, I'm over it.

"You just got here! Can you not fight for one minute so I can say, hello. I am your sister and have had a very long couple of days. I am leaving with or with out you. ONWARD, MY TRUSTY STEED!" I yelled at the twins, followed by jumping back on Rocky's back and kicking his leg. I heard shuffling and yelling and other things behind me but somehow, we actually got out of there.

As soon as we were out of the building and I was off of Rocky, Juliet whispered to me, "Did you kidnap them?"

"No, Rydel and I became life long friends trying on yellow converse. That's what Jace thought I did too! Do I look like a kidnapper or something?" I spoke loudly, laughing at the fact that she thought I stole them.

Jake looked at me and nodded, talking guy stuff to Rocky. Juliet let out a sigh of relief.

________________________________________________________________

About an hour and four fro yo's later, we pulled up to our new house. We said good bye to Rydel and Rocky about five minutes ago and I already had no idea how I was going to survive this.

"Okay munchies, Jace is probably filming or something, and I do not want a head ache. I'll show you to your rooms, my room, and the don't-touch-while-Jace-is-here-or-you-will-die room is." I joked. Jace never let anyone into his room, but we went in all the time when he wasn't home anyway.

"The blue one on the left is yours Jake, the purple one on the other side is Juliet's. Mines the yellow one on the girls side and Jace's is the other one. Yell if you need anything." I left the twins to unpack and went to play my guitar.

For the first time, I actually looked around my new home. It was a two story open house, the living room had a ceiling that was two stories, the highest in the house. That made it look even bigger. There were tall windows, making natural light flow into the white room. The kitchen was open designed, with a lot of walking room and an island in the middle. There was a laundry room and some other rooms on the first floor, and the second was mostly bed rooms.

I ran up the spiralling stairs in the corner of the living room and grabbed my guitar. I hopped back down the stairs, but instead of getting off at the first floor I kept going to the basement. It looked as if it was meant for entertainment. It had a bar with some shelves behind it and a rugged area behind it. It was furnished with a TV (Our WII already hooked up and some games piled beside it) and a couch that was opposing it. In a corner away from it all, was a single bean bag. I sat down and started to play some random chords when my phone buzzed.

Rydel: Hey? Are you as bored as I am right now?

Me: No, I'm way more bored

Rydel: Do you wanna come over?

I thought for a moment. When I came to my answer, I called Jace. On the second ring he answered it.

"Hey, are the twins there?" He rushed.

"Their upstairs unpacking. Anyway, I was thinking of inviting Rydel and her brothers over." I asked him in my most persuasive voice ever.

"Only if you let me talk to Jake." Jace said.

"Fine," I ran up two stories of stairs and barged into Jake's room.

"It's Jace, talk," I shoved the phone into his ear, commanding he talk to our older brother. They talked for a minute before he gave me back my phone.

"Bye!" I yelled into the phone and hung up, without giving him a chance to speak.

I texted Rydel.

Me: Wanna come over?

Rydel: Can my brothers?

Me: Fine

Rydel: Cya in an hour!

Me: Cya!

This was certainly going to be one heck of a night, hopefully it won't end up like last times attempt did.