Chapter Seventeen

"Hey." His face didn't match his voice. Riker's voice was calm and smooth, but his face was a nervous wreck. He had some heavy bags under his eyes, red corners of his eyes, he was sweating really hard, and he blushed even harder. But through it all, he managed to find the strength in himself and speak to me.

"Hey Riker," I cracked. I was the opposite of Riker. I looked calm, cool, and collected, but my voice couldn't hold up.

"Can we talk?" He asked. "Alone?" He said, louder. I nodded as we walked off. I felt Ross' eyes burn into me, and when I glanced at him he gave me a sad look.

"Ri-" I started. I couldn't finish a sentence without bursting to tears. I fell into his chest, and he held me, just like I held him when we were in the hospital waiting for Rydel to come out of surgery. But this time, the damage was done emotionally, not physically. A strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist. He nestled his head in my hair.

"Shh, you don't have to say anything." He pressed closer. We stood there for about five minutes before he pulled away. "Jordan, I made a mistake. I thought I could handle you and Ross together, and be happy for you both. But, I can't. I can't live without you, always in my arms. So please, we don't have to date, but god I must sound like a first grader-" He mumbled at himself. I chuckled. "But, will you? Be my girlfriend?" The smile dropped from my lips. Riker's smile disappeared, his hope diminishing. He stood up and almost ran out, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

Almost. I gripped him by the wrist and yanked him back. We knelt our faces together for a couple seconds before our lips met.

It was a good kiss. If it wasn't ruined by the sound of shuffling shoes, it would have lasted longer. We whipped our heads to the door, letting go just in time to see a small blonde tuft running away. Ross.

--------------------------$---------------------------

"Ross!" Riker ran after him, followed closely by me.

"What the hell did you do to Ross Lynch?" A random 13 year old yelled angrily at me.

"I wish I knew. . ." I sighed at her. She rolled her eyes and went back to talking about how sexy Ross is.

"Jordy. . . why did Ross just leave crying?!" Rocky asked slowly and accusing me.

"He left?!" I screamed a little to loudly. "Oh no. This isn't good." I exasperated. I saw Azlyn by Carly and ran over to them. Rocky followed. "Guys, we have a situation. Let's go."

Rocky ran after Carly. "I'm coming too." He put his hand on Carly's shoulder.

"Me too. This is partly my fault." Riker caught up to us.

Rydel texted me. Go, Ell and I will finish the signing. I looked up at her and she nodded, smiling.

"Search everywhere. Rocky and I will check our house, and you check yours. Then go to the park and-" Riker's face lit up as he stopped giving the directions. "The waterfall!" He realized. Rocky facepalmed.

"Riker, I don't know where I'm going." I pointed out.

"Okay, Rocky you drive Carly and Az- Wait where's Azlyn?!" I panicked. My phone buzzed, Rydel. I've got Azlyn. She's soooo cute! A picture of Azlyn smiling with Ell came through after. "Oh thank god. Rydel has her. Okay, Riker let's go." I broke the huddle by clapping and racing to my car.

Riker was on my heels, and it felt almost running from him. I threw my keys at him and swung into the passenger seat. He started the engine and sped put of the parking lot before I could properly get buckled.

We made somewhere between three and fifty turns, I was too busy screaming my head off to be paying attention, while Riker made screech marks on the road. We finally got to the edge of the forest. I ran out before the car even stopped, scared of Riker's maniac driving. But it was nice how he cared for his brother so much.

"We're coming Ross!" I called into the forest.

"Follow me." Riker jogged at a fast pace down the trail to the sound of rushing water. The sound grew and grew until I was faced with a beautiful scene. It was a small pond, about fifteen feet lengthwise and about the same width. In the opposite corner stood a towering forty foot cliff with a two foot waterfall racing down the side.

"It's beautiful, but Ross isn't not here." I sighed.

"Yes he is." Riker insisted. He ran across to the other side of the pond and walked behind the waterfall. It felt like a scene from a movie, but it was real. I slid behind the rushing water just as he had, eventually falling into a narrow cave. The further I walked in, the larger the room came. Riker and I ran into a huge room, a thirty foot high ceiling towering over us. But no Ross. Riker ran into another hole on the other side, so sure of every move. We finally saw light, and I realized that we were on the other side of the hill that led up to the cave. Riker ran up the side of the hill, unfazed by the sudden light. As we neared the edge, be slowed down and waited for me.

The farther we walked, the more of Ross was visible. He was lying in the grass looking up at the sky, jabbing a stick in the ground and mumbling gibberish.

Riker and I made a silent agreement not to speak. We walked up to either side of him and laid down next to him, but I placed my head on his chest. He started petting my hair without warning. Riker laid next to him and spoke first. "Ross, I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine." He petted my hair more briskly.

"No, it's not. I shouldn't have done that, we had an agreement-" I cut Riker off.

"An agreement?!" I whirled around and faced Ross.

"Yeah. We decided that I can have you every other day, and Riker gets the others." He smirked. Riker gave him a scary glare.

"Jo-" Riker began.

"Save it." I snapped. "I'm not some toy, I am a human being. You can't 'share' me! I have feelings and a right to choose who I want. And right now, that's neither of you." I stood up and started to walk off.

"Jordy wait!" Riker pleaded.

"What?" I stopped in my tracks to face him. "What can you say that will fix this?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I-I'm sorry. For everything. For overreacting, for our agreement, for making assumptions, but that's who I am. And if you can't handle it, maybe we shouldn't see each other anymore."

"Maybe we shouldn't. And don't hurt Ross, he was only telling the truth." I whipped my hair as I walked away. Don't look, don't look, don't look, don't look, I thought. And I didn't. I didn't look back as I walked down the hill, through the breathtaking cave, through the whole way. I didn't look back.

-------------------------$-------------------------

A/N: Ahh!! It's up! I think that this is one of my favorite chapters. I love how the events changed.

I'm decided between thirty, forty, of fifty chapters. I think I'm doing 50, but I'll update if anything changes.

I love all of my readers! Lets push it, two votes and two comments.

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

·

TWO VOTES AND TWO COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER

-A