chapter three

edited: 11/13/4

+

I pulled up to the new house. The truck was gone. I pulled out the keys to the ignition, realizing she didn't have a house key. I grabbed my bags of clothes out of the truck and led Rydel to the door. Luckily, the door was unlocked.

"Jace! I'm back! I made a friend and I'm sleeping at her place tonight, she's here now!" I yelled at her older brother. He came down the hallway, fiddling with his thumbs. He froze when he saw Rydel.

"Err, Jordan did you kidnap Rydel freaking Lynch?!" Jace asked her.

"Nope. I met her at the mall!" I happily replied.

"Wow, that's a lot of boxes." Rydel commented in awe, not phased by Jace.

"Yeah, we didn't want to buy new furniture so we just brought everything." I replied, since my brother was still in shock. Then it got to me. A celebrity was standing in my kitchen. But unlike my brother, I had gotten over the initial shock.

"C'mon Rydel," I grabbed her wrist and yanked her up the stairs. "Lets get this started!"

+

Two hours later, Rydel and I were sitting on my bed looking at all the clothes that we bought.

"It's a little past noon now, what do you wanna do?"

"I'm hungry. Let's go get food." Rydel suggested.

"Agreed. Where are we gunna go though? The fridge is empty and I don't know where anything is."

"Well, I'm in the mood for Sonic, we could get it to go and then head over to my place. Sound like a plan?" Back in Colorado, we went to sonic all the time. Our old house was right next to it. I knew exactly what to get, and she loved it so of course she said yes.

"Yup, let me get my stuff and go talk to Jace, I've been yelling at him all day." I told Rydel.

"Okay, I'll go wait in the car, and if you don't mind, I'll drive. You go really fast, like Ross. Maybe even worse!" Rydel laughed. That's like my worst habit, flooring it.

"See you in 2 minutes then," I told her while opening my closet door. I picked picked out her new yellow converse, a black shirt and black skinny jeans. I dropped them into a string backpack then walked down the hall to Jace's room.

"Jace?" He popped out from a box pile.

"Yeah?" He asked, coming out from behind the pile of boxes.

"Rydel and I are going to sonic, then to her place."

He just sat there, thinking, "They said there are famous people all over L.A., but I thought that they were just exaggerating. You seriously have a really good choice in friends."

"That's nice. I'm leaving. Be back whenever tomorrow. I'll text you if anything changes. And yes I'm done unpacking." I said, walking out.

"See ya whenever!" He yelled at me. I smiled my way outside.

"Bye!" I shouted as we backed out of the driveway to sonic. I tried to remember the road names, until I gave up and decided to just use my phones GPS.

We pulled up into the sonic drive through. Rydel placed the red order button, "Hello welcome to sonic how may I help you?" Said a really fast female voice.

"I wanna burger." I told Rydel.

"2 burgers, and..." She looked at the shakes menu. Over 30 flavors.

"Oreo," I whispered Rydel.

"One Oreo shake and one... Hot Fudge shake," Rydel told the sonic dive through lady.

"Ok, so that's two cheese burgers and an Oreo shake plus a Hot Fudge shake?" She clarified.

"Yup. that's us." She told her.

"Okay, I'll be off with your food in a minute." The lady told us.

"I would turn on the radio, but I don't know how." Rydel complained. I snorted and flicked on the radio. Forget About You was on.

"Hey that's you!" I yelled a little too loudly. But I really didn't give a sugar honey iced tea right now.

"Yup. It happens often. Ross did this one shirtless, and I kept messing up on this part." Rydel said. It must have been weird knowing people put your voice on the radio, for the public to hear.

I was about to ask her what it's like to be on the radio when a girl came skating towards us.

"Hi, here's your food. Two cheese burgers, an Oreo, shake, and a Hot Fudge shake." She handed me everything, "Oh my god your Rydel Lynch!" She shrieked.

"Yeah. Now can you get off of the car? I have to go!" Rydel asked her. She got off the car and dusted herself off. She roller staked back inside sonic screaming "GUYS! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO I JUST MET!"

Rydel got back on the road to an unfamiliar part of town. But to me, that was every part. She took a lot of twists and turns, until she pulled up in the same neighborhood as my house, but on the opposite side. I watched the road signs was she that I could find it again, but eventually gave up. I have a phone anyway.

Rydel pulled out the keys and handed them to me. I took her bag of clothes, and walked behind Rydel to the front of their house, "Are you excited?"

"More like nervous. What if they don't like me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Of course they will! And if they don't, I'll make them."

Now for the moment of truth, Rydel opened the door and immediately yelled, "Mom! I'm home!" Silence. The house was quiet, "They're probably outside," Rydel guessed. She strode through the famous Lynch house hold effortlessly, where it took me major courage to even think about breathing in here.

"Where can I put my stuff?" I asked Rydel, feeling a weird mixture of excitement, nervousness, and anxiety.

"In my room, duh." Rydel grabbed her blue eyed friend and dragged her upstairs and down the hallway. She opened a door to a pink room with 2 beds, one unoccupied, "You'll be sleeping here. Just set your stuff down. We'll deal with it later." Rydel instructed me. I flung my stuff on the bed and followed Rydel downstairs.

I followed Rydel to their kitchen. She walked to her mother, with me right next to her, "Hey mom, this is Jordan, my friend. Remember, she's spending the night?"

"Hi! I'm Stormie, Rydel's mom. You're Jordan right?" Stormie introduced herself.

"I hope so." I answered quietly.

"So, you guys met at the mall?" Stormie asked.

"Yeah, and we came besties trying on yellow converse!" Rydel squealed.

"I'm actually wearing them." I pointed to my feet.

"Good for you Rydel. I'm going to go get a movie, any preference?" Stormie asked, standing up.

"No, I'm fine with whatever." I politely stated.

"Okay, I'll be back in an hour. I'm picking up a pizza too." Stormie left the pool area and soon, the Lynch residence.

"Ready to meet more of R5?" Rydel asked. I anxiously nodded her head. Rydel laughed. Jordan was just freaking out.

I'm about to meet R5!

My face was subtle, but on the inside she was just freaking out. Similar I was with Rydel, but to an extreme.

"As I'll ever be." I said, my voice shaking.

"Let us go then," Rydel promptly opened the door and marched us outside.

+

edited a/n:

BUT BABY WE WERE BORN WITH FIRE N GOLD IN OUR EYES.. EYES... FIRE N GOLD IN OUR EYES.. EYES

GOT LIGHTNIN IN A BOTTLE, HANDS ON THE THROTTLE, EVEN IN THE DARK WE SHINE, WITH FIRE N GOLD IN OUR EYES

idfk what to say but this is NOT how i wrote this in my head and it still sucks wtf

new cover :3

-a