chapter two

+

I woke up in a pile of boxes next to my bed. I stood up and decided to take a shower, but that meant I would have to find the box marked 'JORDAN'S SHOWER STUFFFF' It was right on top so I quickly unpacked everything.

I stripped off my icky travel clothes that I'd apparently slept in and laid out the thinnest clothes I had.

Dammit. I have to go by thinner clothes. L.A. was hotter than I expected, my current clothes would suit me for winter. I shoved my old clothes as far back as possible, already rid of my other really thick clothes back in Colorado.

After quickly showering, I blow dried her hair and put it up into a pony tail, then put my clothes on.

"Hey loser I'm going shopping!" I yelled at my older brother across our new home.

"Okay!" He yelled back. That's a good side of living with your older brother, he's cool with most things I do. Cold car keys made their way into my pocket as I left my house and got into the car.

The first thing that I did was grab a milkshake from the food court. It was probably about eight in the morning, so almost no one was here.

I found their Hollister and immediately walked inside. Hollister is my favorite store, incase you haven't guessed. After combing through the store I had a bunch of that I needed to try on for size.

I hopped into a changing room and put on ripped white skinny jeans and a yellow skater top. It needed converse and shades though, so I walked out of the dressing room in search of what she was looking for. I found the shades, but couldn't find the right shoes. Eventually a blonde girl with the perfect yellow converse on came into view, she hadn't paid for them yet.

"Excuse me, but where did you find those shoes? I've been looking everywhere for them and I can't find them."

When she looked up, I saw that she was Rydel Lynch.

The Rydel Lynch from R5. I tried to keep calm, but what are the chances of meeting her here? In the mall, at eight in the morning?!

"Let me show you." Rydel walked over to the next isle and pointed to them. She picked out a 7 1/2.

"Thanks!" I smiled nervously. Am I sweating? I'm not wearing deodorant. What if I smell?

"Hey we have the same shoe size!" Rydel snapped me from my reverie.

"Cool! If you don't mind me asking, why are you at the mall this early?" I asked out of geniuine curiosity shouldn't she be with her brothers?

"Oh, my brothers had their friend over night and I really didn't feel like eating with them again." Rydel explained. Realization hit me like a brick. ELLINGTON.

"Haha, I understand. I've got two brothers. You're Rydel right? From R5?" My mind got the best of me as I blurted that out. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Yup the one and only. But why are you at the mall so early?" Rydel answered. I internally fell off a cliff.

"I just moved here from Colorado, and all my clothes were to hot. I'm saving them for winter, but I need something to wear now." I answered.

"Ahh, you didn't look like a local. That explains it." She smiled, thinking a little bit. "Hey, you seem pretty cool. I need a second opinion on this outfit. I can't decide between shoes!" Rydel threw her hands in the air for emphases. I thought about it, either spend my day bored alone at the mall, or spend it with Rydel, hmm...

"Sure!" I squeaked a little to happily. Rydel chuckled.

"So I take it your a fan." Rydel commented.

"Was it really that obvious?" I asked, questioning her acting ability. I thought I was fairly good. To be fair, I'm talking to my idol.

"No, your a good actress. Your just wearing an R5 wrist band." Rydel said.

"Oh..." I realized.

I just got a complement on my acting from a professional.

We walked back to her dressing room where her pile of clothes was. Rydel already had an outfit laid out.

She had a black and white zig zag skirt and a white crop top with a red rectangle block except for the words BOSSY written in it.

"Can't decide between red of white converse," She explained.

The inner Kurt Hummel took over and I analyzed everything. "The white ones." I concluded. White converse have that red band so it kinda matched a little bit.

"That's what I was thinking, but I wanted a second opinion." She thought again and I sat anxiously waiting for what she was about to say. "Do you wanna shop together? I've got a couple hours before I gotta be home." Rydel asked. I pinched my back, followed by pain. This was really happening.

"Yes!" I cheered

We went shopping for an hour or so. We really got to know each other. We figured out that they wear the same size in most clothes. We had a lot in common, like both of us are from Colorado. Even though I already knew that about her.

Rydel looked at her phone, groaning in annoyance. "I guess I should get going, it was really nice meeting you Jordan. I'll text you later." Rydel frowned. I think she actually enjoyed talking to me. A few seconds later, her face lit up.

"Jordan! Wait! Do you wanna sleep over? Please? I've only got my brothers. I mean I love them but, there boys... and I need some girl time. That leaves my mom and, I think and wants me to find a friend," Rydel pleaded me.

I smiled. Oh my god I think she wants me to be that friend! Then I remembered the boxes. Damn boxes. "Maybe later. I have to finnish unpacking," I frowned, looking at my new shoes.

Rydel was almost desperate. "I can help! Let me text my mom!" She squealed. "But wouldn't you have to ask yours?" She inquired.

"No, it's fine. I live with my older brother, and he's cool with almost everything I do." Except stay in Colorado, but I wasn't as home sick anymore.

"Okay, my mom says it's fine. I walked so we can take your car." Rydel looked extremely excited, probably blocking out the fact that I was extremely nervous.

"I'm ready." I said, walking out the revolving door to the newly populated mall.

We made our way to my car. My indsides were melting. I might actually like the mall now.

+

edited a/n:

I KNOW... I KNOW... I KNOW.. FOR SHOR.

EVERYBODY WANNA STEAL MY GIRL, EVERYBODY WANNA TAKE HER HEART AWAY, COUPLE BILLION IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. FIND ANOTHER ONE BC SHE BELONGS TO MEH.

did i not know how to write? i feel so sorry for whoever read this omg.

-a