Chapter Eighteen

I came home to an empty house. Jules and Jake were at a friend's house, spending the night. I decided that I needed to do something for our family, not the Lynch's.

The first thing I did was call Skye. I persuaded her to come over later to see Jake.

The second thing I did was look on line for an audition. I needed a job, and acting was a natural talent to me. I found three, one on Sam and Cat, and a new movie called Shameless. I made a reminder for each of them, both tomorrow. Good thing I found them in time.

When I glanced outside, I saw that the sky was dark. Glancing at the clock, I saw it was 9:03. I had a big day tomorrow, I better get to sleep.

So I dragged my body upstairs and to my bed, just barely changing into my pajamas before crashing into sleep.

--------------------------$--------------------------

I woke to light streaming into my window. My clock read 8:21, normal. My first instinct was food, so I skipped happily downstairs for breakfast.

Half an hour later, I squeezed syrup onto my pancakes. These would taste a lot better if Riker was here. My brain commented, and all I could do was agree.

I took the last few bites of my pancake before shoving it into the dishwasher and going back upstairs to shower.

I stripped out of my pajamas as I got into the shower, humming Ain't No Way We're Going Home. I stopped abruptly thinking of Riker. You'll have to see him eventually. "But I don't want to!" I yelled at my own brain.

I finished my shower and hopped out of the shower, heading over to my hair straightener. If I have that many auditions, I better look presentable. I plugged it in and set to work.

About fifteen minutes and one dry head later, I stepped out of the bathroom and put on a sporty shirt, the kind with the number on the back and front. I slipped into a pair of black skinny jeans and laced up my yellow converse at the bottom. I sat back and thought for a moment, I wore these shoes every day. I basically lived in them. But I wore them most around my new famous friends. So basically, it was like taking them with my for good luck.

The clock read 10:17, perfect. Right on time. I hopped downstairs and called Jules, "Hey!" She yelled through the phone, just  not at me. "Stop that! Okay, hey Jordan!" She cheered.

"Hey. I found two auditions. Do you know where the house key is?"

"Yes?" She questioned why I was asking.

"So does Skye. She's gunna come over to surprise Jake later, just a warning. I already told her that I might not be there. Okay?" I explained.

"Kay, I won't tell him. Bye!" She hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and walked out to the car. We made somewhere between three and fifty turns, I was too busy screaming my head off to be paying attention, while Riker made screech marks on the road.

Sweet memories. Mostly of Riker. They lived in here, and I could never forget them. Not even if I tried.

I pulled up into the back of the Sam and Cat studio first. Here goes nothing. . .

-------------------------$-------------------------

Well, I failed. It's official, I can't act dumb. I had tried to play Cat's cousin, which didn't work. But now I had to get the one in Shameless right?

I drove out of the parking lot, racing to my next audition. This one was for possibly the exact opposite, it was a movie about a secret agent who goes on a mission. The movie is basically about the stunts and how the female lead impresses the male lead.