Chapter Twenty

"Riker?" The blonde turned his head in disbelief at my words that hung in the air. I finally found him, in the janitors closet. I spoke as I creaked open the door.

"Jordan?"

"Yeah, well Rydel wanted to know, well. . ." I sat next to him.

"If I saw her and Ellington kiss? And it was casual so it's happened before? Why would I be mad?" He clenched his fists and his face curved into an angry rage. It's amazing how we haven't spoken for four months and we picked up right as we left off.

"I never said you were mad. . ." I bit my bottom lip, about to say something. But I thought the better of it.

"Oh, well I am. Why wouldn't she tell me?"

"She only told me because I caught them. But can't you be happy for them? She's happy. Really happy. And why are you so protective? Don't you want her to be happy?"

"Well, it's just when I think of her dating someone, I picture their break up. Delly's crying and the guy goes on like nothing happened." Riker dropped his fist, letting out a breath of anger.

"But it's not like that. She's with Ratliff, and he's not that stupid." He laughed, understanding my joke.

"I just don't know. Look at what happened to us-" He put his hand over his mouth. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I would say that."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because, I dunno. I thought- never mind." He started to stand up, but I pulled him back. Touching his wrist set tingles up my arms. "Because I thought that we would have a future, you know, like grow old and raise kids. I mean we could call them Jasmine or Jazzy for short or Ryder or Rachel or Jackson or Nicole or Evie or even Gree-"

I kissed him. He kept blabbering and it was getting, annoying, and it was the perfect disguise foe how much I wanted to kiss him for the past four or five months.

It was magical. And not the kind with the spark, but with the huge fourth of July fireworks, the very finale. Our lips moved in synch for maybe a minute before he pulled away.

I finally realized what I had done. This wasn't supposed to happen. I dropped his wrist and dove our of the closet to the theater. I could feel the pain in my heart telling me to go back, but I didn't.

------------------------------------------------------$------------------------------------------------------

"Jordy that was amazing!" Rydel enveloped me in a hug after the movie. When she reached my ear, she whispered, "Did you talk to him?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he's fine with it." She breathed a sigh of relief.

"C'mon, let's get put of this place." Ell grabbed Rydel's hand and led her out of the building, singing and randomly dancing with her.

If only love was that easy, I thought. Speaking of love, a hand found mine and intertwined with it.

"Hey Jordy." Riker. It was Riker.

"Aren't you mad?"

He puzzled. "Why would I be mad? You kissed me. I'm extra happy."

I giggled lightly. "So are we dating now?"

"Yup." He sang.

I looked over my shoulder, Ross was walking away with a brunette's hand in his.

"Good." I genuinely smiled. No sadness hidden behind it, but the uncontrollable kind that comes out like sun from behind a cloud. Basically, life is perfect.

!

¡¡

!!!

¡¡¡¡

!!!!!

¡¡¡¡¡

!!!!!!!

A/N: For now,

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Is see the enjoyment is teasing unsuspecting readers.

20 chapters! I have writters block so the next ones will be dramatic and unreasonable.

Vote, Comment, Follow

-A