Chapter Eleven

"Okay. . . So when we were staying with grandma, she had this neighbor. And I think I'm in love with her." Jake admitted.

"And?" I said, not getting it. I looked at my yellow converse wondering what could possibly be wrong with my little brother.

"She hates me," He started crying again.

"What?" I got all protective, like a big sister should.

"So, I may have tried to make her jealous but now she thinks I like that girl, not her! But I don't, I love her, and she hates me for doing that to her," Aww, my little brother has a not so little crush.

"What's her name?" I dared to ask.

"Skye," He sobbed harder into my shirt.

"Shh, it's gunna be alright. We'll call her tomorrow." I hushed him.

When I looked at the door, Ross was there with Rydel. Rydel crutchered over to comfort my brother. That left me alone in the hallway with Ross.

"Jordy." He said dragging the o.

"Ross." I mocked him.

"Found you!" Riker squealed.

"No fair! Her brothers in love and I had to wait!" Ross complained.

"Oh well," Riker did a victory dance.

¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡

I was huddled around the T.V., waiting for Katniss to kill Glimmer when Riker fell asleep on my yellow shoes. Now that I looked around, it was midnight. The only person besides me that was awake was Ross.

"So, wanna get out of this snooze fest?" He joked.

I chuckled, "Sure," I left Riker on my shoes and walked upstairs into my room, laying down. Ross did the same, but he took off his shirt too. I got to admire his body with out question in here, because it was dark and no one could see me. It was pretty nice.

He threw himself into my bed and snuggled underneath the covers. His head hit the pillow and he was knocked out like a light. He looked so cute, sleeping like a little bunny. I laid close enough to feel the heat that radiated off his body and fell asleep.

?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?

I woke to the sound of a camera snap. But something was wrong with my pillow, probably because it was Ross' chest. Rydel was at the doorway with her phone out, positing a picture of Ross and I on instagram. But she ran off before I could strangle her.

I sat up, or at least I tried. As soon as my head escaped from Ross' chest, he pulled me back, "Ross, wake up," I slapped him gently.

He fell asleep, not caring for my slap. I skipped downstairs to Riker making breakfast, "So I heard a rumor that you slept with Ross last night," He smirked.

"Well, yeah. . . but not in that way!" I protested.

"I believe you Jordy. Wanna pancake?" Not even waiting for my answer he threw a pancake on a plate and handed it to me, his fingers lingering a little to long.

"Your shoes are comfy." He sat down next to me when Jake cam in with bloodshot eyes and ruffled hair.

"Riker get the phone. Now!" I demanded, remembering my promise to call this 'Skye' girl.

"No." Jake stopped him. "I just wanted to say bye." I noticed four long cuts horizontal on his arms.

"Riker now!" I panicked. He got the message and threw it to me. I dialed grandma's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Sweetie, can you call later? I'm having the neighbors over." She said.

"No! That's perfect. Can I talk to Skye?" I pleaded her.

A long pause and a NO from the background later, she answered. "I don't think that's a good idea honey." She insisted.

"Grandma, I don't want to be mean, but give it to Skye now or I will rip someone's hair out." I said, trying way to hard to not sound angry.

She finally gave up and transferred the phone to Skye. "What do you want, Jerk." She teased.

Something inside of me snapped, "This isn't Jake, it's her 18 year old sister. And I'll let you know that if you hurt my little my brother my 20 year old brother will personally come over there over there and physically hurt you as much as you've hurt Jake." That got her attention. "He just walked into the kitchen with four cuts on each arm because you hate him. Mind telling me why?" I demanded, gritting my teeth.

"Okay, I liked him. Then he was hanging out with this girl that I hated. And I got angry, because he liked her and not me. So I got the message and backed off. And I don't know why he cut, probably not my fault." She explained.

"Ugh, okay. Here's the deal. My brother was trying to make you jealous. And he thought that you hated him so he hurt himself. He really likes you. So can you not let my brother kill himself?" I explained to Skye.

She stayed silent for a moment. But eventually, she spoke, "Can I talk to him?" She asked innocently.

"Sure, Skye." And I shoved the phone into Jake's ear.

I walked out of the room and back to the kitchen from where ever I wandered when I was on the phone. My pancake was cut into little squares and coated in syrup, "Hey Jordy." Riker looked up from his mound of pancake.

Rydel bounded Into the room with bead head. "Watcha wanna do today?" She hung her arm over my shoulder.

"The beach!" Riker squealed like a four year old getting a new doll.

"Beach it is," Rydel grabbed a pancake and put it on a plate.

"Jordan! Something's wrong with Jake!" Juliet yelled. I ran around to where ever he was to find him with the phone on the floor and an angry voice yelling at him. He was sobbing uncontrollably on the couch.

I grabbed the phone and screamed into it, "Stop! My brother is trying to kill himself! Do you not care that he's dying for you?" I yelled at the phone.

Skye's voice came through the other end, sad and I could almost feel the tears fall. She told me what had happened, "He called me an over dramatic b**** that's only talking to, and I quote, a lump of ugly fat that deserves to die because I didn't wanna get beaten up by this brother of yours," Skye finished.

I calmed down a bit, "Thanks Skye. I'm sorry for bringing you into this. He's really emotional right now, and yeah. Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure." Her voice cracked.

"I'll give you his number and just keep texting him positive things. Kay?" I asked Skye.

"I'll do it, for Jake," I could almost picture her wiping the tears from her eyes.

(:)

[]

):(

[]

(:)

A/N: Ahh! Dem feels bro. #Jaye!!

Ships.

-A