chapter one

edited 11/13/14.

+

My English teacher said I can't start a story with a greeting, so I'll say a vegetable.

Celery, I am Jordan Elise Jacobs. I have curly brown hair and bright blue eyes. I currently live in Denver, Colorado, and have been for the last 18 years of my life. Until my older 20 year old brother, Jason (but everyone calls him Jace) got a job in his acting career. My twin sister and brother, Juliet and Jake and I have lived with him for two years since my parents died.

Today, were packing up the boxes to move to Los Angeles. I don't want to go, but I know it's what's best for us. Juliet and Jake were spending the week at our grandma's house while Jace and I got settled in.

I yelled to her older brother across "our" house. It wasn't ours technically anymore, it was Mrs. and Mr. Winters starting tomorrow.

"JACE I NEED HELP WITH MY NIGHTSTAND!" I yelled at him. He impatiently set dishes in the truck in between the pillows and went to help me

"Yeah Jordan?" Jace swung around the door frame.

"Help me with the nightstand, it's heavier when you actually have to lift it off the ground!" I complained to my older brother. It was true, it's not very heavy when you're mad at how uncomfortable you are so you push it over a few inches. Definitely harder.

"How much stuff do you have left?" Jace complained. I looked around at her room. The bed was gone and the closet was empty. The room looked so unfamiliar. I've known this place all my life, but yet it never existed.

"Just my guitar stuff." Jace happily brought my nightstand out of my room and into the truck. I walked over to her guitar and my glass of guitar picks. They looked like they didn't be belong here anymore, alien.

I grabbed my guitar for the final time. I picked up my jar of picks and the sheet music that she was working on. I took one last look at my room, and slowly turned around down the strange hallway to the truck.

"My rooms done. How much do we have left?" I asked her brother, so beyond ready to go.

"Just let me grab the last two boxes and were out of here." Jace said while he walked inside our old home to grab our last few belongings.

I hopped into the passenger seat of the van, since we've already had someone drive the car to our new house. I pulled out my phone and played a random game to pass the time.

Jace strode out of our old home for the last time. He put the boxes in the back of the truck and hoped in the driver's seat.

"Ready?" He asked me. I nodded, "Bye Colorado. Hello random place in California." I sighed as I put my head phones in and the rain started. We left behind our unfamiliar home, forever.

+

A couple of hours later, after a bunch of stops, we parked in front of a white two story house. I drifted asleep on the drive here so Jace started bringing the boxes inside.

"JORDAN! WAKE UP!" Jace shouted at me. I opened my eyes, stunned by the sudden outburst. I yawned and stretched as my feet dragged themselves out of the truck.

"Ugh fine. What are we doing?" I scratched my neck.

"Unpacking! You're supposed to be helping me!" He stomped, assuring me that my twenty two year old brother was having a tantrum.

"Fine. I'll carry my bed frame, you get my nightstand." I said as I dragged my bed inside. Somehow my mattress fit through the door followed by my clothes, lamp, other various decorations (R5 posters), and finally, my guitar. My guitar was old and the wood was peeling, but it still works like new.

I threw some blankets on my bed as I thought of the whole day. So much happened, all in a blur. It was late at night, so I drifted of to sleep in a museum of brown labeled boxes.

____

edited a/n:

I SEE DAT U A BALLER AND I SEE YA TRYNA HOLLA BUT THAT AIN'T HOW I WAS BROUGHT UP.

NEXT.

WORKING FOR THE MONEY CAUSE THAT'S WHAT MY MOMMA TAUGHT ME SO YO ASS BETTER SHOW ME SOME RE-SPECT.

damn i started this book with the word, "HI." so that's why i introduced this book with a vegetable. don't blame me, that was like eight months ago when i wasn't old enough to be on wattpad and i started in third person POV and i tried to change it but i skipped most of it so basically i invented another ghost character.

this is a fluff book i guess, not very much serious stuff. please stick with it!