Chapter Sixteen

I haven't seen Riker or Ross since the fay Jace left. Ross kept texting and calling, but I never returned them. I kept texting and calling Riker, but nothing in return. When I was with Rydel, the subject never came up. Now it was time for their concert that I promised I'd go to, and I never go back on my word.

Rydel and I were getting ready at my house. She understood why I didn't want to want to go to hers. "The theme is yellow tonight, Ross picked. So now I don't know which yellow shirt to wear!" She complained. A couple days ago, we went to the doctor and traded her crutches for a boot.

"The V neck." She smiled and put the other one back. I couldn't help but match them, so I was wearing my yellow converse (as usual) and a short yellow dress that fell to my knees.

"Ready?" I asked after Rydel changed.

"Yup." She came put of the bathroom on the first floor, because stairs were kind of an obstacle for her. I had played a million scenarios in my mind for seeing Riker. I had the cliche, where we slow motion run into each others arms. But that won't happen. There's the one where he gets mad and has nothing to with me ever again, but I can't afford to think like that. And the others, lets just say that I don't have a helicopter. "Are you excited?" She asked, getting into the passenger seat.

"More like nervous." About your brothers. And and don't forget anxious.

"Why?"She asked as I started the engine, debating whether I should tell her or not.

"Your brothers. . . mostly Riker." I admitted.

"Don't be. He's probably more nervous than you'll ever be." She patted my back as we got onto the freeway.

I thought about what she said for a long time. Why would Riker hate me? He doesn't have too big of a reason to.

No. I'm here to see and R5 concert, that's it. No boys. Just music and I. Hopefully.

We pulled up to the parking lot by the back of the stage."Here's your ticket, and your backstage pass. See you after the show!" And just like that, I was alone.

I looked to where Rydel was going, but that was a huge mistake. Riker and Ross were both there. My heart dropped. My eyes watered. Emotions came over me in a single wave.

I wiped my eyes and confidently strode inside, clear of what I had too do. I couldn't go on ignoring calls, I need to make a decision. And if Riker can't acknowledge my existence, then it's Ross. I will always love Riker, but if he doesn't notice me soon I will turn to Ross.

Without thinking, I walked straight into someone. As I fell over they spoke, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" A small voice squeaked. A small blonde girl with wide brown eyes, couldn't be older then 8, answered.

"No, I'm sorry. I was just thinking. I should have been looking." I quickly apologized, standing up.

"Wow, your tall." She whispered.

"I'm eighteen. How old are you?" I wondered out loud.

"7. My names Azlyn. What's yours?" She said proudly.

"Jordan. Are you here all alone?" Shouldn't someone be watching a seven year old?

"My sister's getting us soft pretzels. I'm supposed to wait here." She proudly smiled.

"Azy!" An older voice called. An older version of Azlyn ran up to her and dusted her off.

"This is Jordan." Azlyn introduced me.

"Hi-" The older sister stood back up and stuck out her hand. "I'm Carly."

"How old are you?" She looked about my age.