Your outfit says otherwise. (Flashback)

A/N: Hey! So this is for those of you who wanted to know how Ebony and Bryan met. I plan on doing their first date sometime later.

The song on the side was given to me by SammmieWammmie and I was actually going to post this song myself if someone didn't suggest it to me. I think it describes Ebony and Tyler perfectly, and it's soooo pretty! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa! Are you on a mission or something?" Amy asked, steadying me as I basically tripped through the dorm room door.

"Running," I answered, trying to get around her.

She grabbed my hood and pulled me back. "Well if you are able to wait three minutes, I'll go with you."

I laughed. "Sure."

As I was waiting I sat back on the bed and closed my eyes. I was doing everything in my power to forget about this day. If I can just get through it without breaking down, I would be ok.

"Are you ok? You seem a little out of it?" Amy asked, throwing on a hoodie.

No. It's July first and everything in me is telling me to call home and ask to talk to him. "I'm fine."

"No you're not, but I won't force it out of you. You'll tell me when you're ready. Now lets go." She smiled.

That's why I liked Amy from the moment I met her. She never pushed me to tell her anything when she could obviously see something was wrong. I had basically told her everything about my life, leaving out all of last school year and last summer of course. I can't talk about any of that.

"I'm ready. Lets go."

Both of us walked down the hallway and out the doors. As soon as we were outside, both of us picked up pace and fell into a steady jog. Needless to say I was glad to get a roommate that enjoys running. Amy can keep up with me and sometimes even makes me run harder to keep up with her.

We ran in silence for what seemed like hours. My lungs were burning and my legs felt like rubber, but I kept pushing myself. The only thing I ever think about when running is running. If I stop all the things I've been trying to avoid come back to me.

"Ebony!" Amy yelled from behind. "Can we take a break. I'm dying here."

I sighed and stopped running. "Sure, but only until we can breathe again."

"I don't know how you do this," she panted. "I usually just jog around the block a couple of times and call it a day."

"You don't understand. Running was all I had growing up. When you have the family and neighbors I did, you have to have some sort of escape."

"Yeah yeah. You've told me before." She smiled, rolling her eyes.

I knew she was tired of hearing my life story. I tell it to her at least once every week. I would get annoyed with it too after almost eight months.

I started walking to the bench across the field and kept thinking about my life. If Amy only knew how much I didn't tell her, she would want to hear the story a million times more. I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't see the giant mud hole right in front of me, which resulted in me slipping and falling on my ass.

"Damn it!" I yelled, as Amy kept laughing like a mad woman behind me.

"That just made my whole day."

I glared at her. "I'm sure it did. Now come help me up."

She held her hand out and I grabbed it and pulled. She fell in the mud next to me, squealing like the girly girl she is.