Did you have fun riding my little brother?

"Why doesn't she just take a hint and leave?" Josh asked.

"I don't know. She's a crazy bitch that thinks we want her here."

He put his head on my shoulder and sighed. "This is Sarah's fault."

"I know. I'm debating on yelling at her, but I'm not sure it's nice to yell at pregnant people."

We sat there on his bed for a long time listening to the arguing going on down stairs. This is what we did before mom left. Josh and I would just sit in one of our room and listen. When he was little I would pretty much have to calm him down because he was crying. At least he grew out of that. I can't imagine trying to rock him to sleep now.

"How bad do you think I would have sabotage her suitcase to get her to leave for good?" Josh asked.

I laughed. "Pretty bad. Like I said, she thinks she's welcome here."

Something crashed down stairs and I cringed. I hope that wasn't someone throwing something.

"You need to get out of the house!" Dad yelled. "I don't want you here, and the kids don't want you here!"

"Sarah called me and told me she needed my help! I know Ebony doesn't want me here because she's ungrateful brat! She's gotten to Josh too, but I am here because my daughter wants me here!"

"Yeah, I'm not sitting here and listening to this anymore." I got up and picked up my crutches.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked.

I shrugged. "Anywhere but here. You can come if you want."

As I walked downstairs, I prayed that they would keep arguing. Not because I wanted my dad to be miserable, but because I wanted to make a clean get away. But of course luck is never on my side.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

I turned and gave her the meanest look I could manage. "Away from you because I'm an 'ungratful brat'. Now if you will excuse me."

I opened the door and hobbled out with Josh following right behind. At least he can get out without getting yelled at.

"So where are we going?" He asked.

"Where do you think?" I asked, walking next door.

He caught up to me smirking. "You're so predictable. Going to Tyler when things get tough."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm really not in the mood Josh."

In a way this was just like old times when I would run to Tyler with my problems. Now I'm just going to whoever will listen...which will probably be Tyler.

Josh ran ahead of me and knocked on the door. By the time I got there Adam was standing at the door.

"You're going to have to take your shoes off. Mom is cleaning the carpet. You probably shouldn't bring those crutches in either." He said.

"I can't walk on this ankle yet." I told him.

He thought for a minute and then smiled. "I got this." He turned around and bent down to my level. "Get on."

"Are you really going to give me a piggy back ride?" I laughed even though this is kinda sad. Adam shouldn't be big enough to do that.

"Well if you want to get in this house, yes I'm going to. Now get on."

I rolled my eyes and somehow managed to jump on his back. I was very impressed by the amount of muscle I felt under his shirt. If this boy were a few years older I would have claimed him as mine in a heartbeat.