Quit being stupid.

"Why did you go to Bently?" I asked Sarah. "Oh my God! He's not the father is he?!"

She laughed a little. "No. I went to him because he was the easiest to get to. He wasn't talking to anyone yesterday, so I told him my problem."

"You should have told me."

Tears started rolling down her face again. "I know. I didn't know what to do. I still don't. I'm sca-"

Josh pushed the door open then. "Do you two know where-" He looked at Sarah, who was hiding her face in her hand, but you could still hear her sobbing. "What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing. Go hang out with Adam." I told him.

He looked between me and Sarah and then closed the door. "No."

"Josh, please don't make this hard."

"There's obviously something wrong. I want to know what it is."

"You don't need to know right now!"

He continued to stand there staring at us. I sighed, wishing he would go away. Josh really doesn't need to know what's going on. He'll tell Adam, which means it will "slip out" in front of my dad. Sarah needs to be the one to do that, not Josh and Adam.

Maybe if we just sit there in awkward silence he'll go away. I looked over at the table and saw the test sitting there. I looked back at Josh who was still waiting for an answer. Please don't see it.

He saw the worried look on my face and followed my gaze. "What is that?"

Sarah reached out and grabbed it. "Nothing. Leave."

"Are you pregnant?"

She didn't answer him. Apparently just the word sets her off. Sarah looked down at her feet and closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears.

"You are aren't you?"

"Josh." I said quietly.

"When did this happen? Who's the father?" He asked.

That was a good question. I looked at Sarah expectantly. "Who is the father?"

She looked back and forth between Josh and I. "I'll tell you, but I swear Josh if you tell anyone, I will kill you."

"Yeah ok. I won't tell anyone." He came over and sat down beside me.

She sighed. "Do you two remember Zach?"

"The guy you brought home for Christmas break?"

"Yeah that's him. We broke up not long after that, but a few weeks ago there was a party, and he was there, and at first I was messing with him but I let things go to far. This wasn't supposed to happen."

"Does he know?" I asked.

"No. I don't know how to tell him. I mean, how do you tell the guy that you dumped you're going to have his child?"

"Hey Zach, this is Sarah. I just wanted to tell you that you knocked me up." Josh said in a fake girl voice.

I hit him. "Quit being stupid. This is serious."

"Well she doesn't have to use those exact words, but that's what she's going to have to do."

I looked at Sarah. Both of us knew he was right. She has to tell him eventually. God knows she's not going to be a single mother. I love her to death, but she could not handle a kid on her own.

"Wait a minute," I said. "Are you going to keep this baby?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Do you think I should?"