Pull up a chair.

A/N: Hi! I would just like to explain something before you read this. There's a few flashbacks in this chapter. Ebony is actually telling a story, so it's going to be flashing from her life to the specific day she is talking about. I've put them in italics, but I know sometimes it doesn't show up, so I also marked them with **. So when you see those, there is either a flashback starting, or ending. Ok, you can go read now. I just didn't want you confused.

P.S. There's a picture of the dress on the side when you get to that part of the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun! It's been so long since I've actually laid out in the sun. It feels so good to lay here in peace and quiet.

"You can't play worth shit dude!" Josh laughed.

Well almost quiet. I looked over at the boys playing basketball on the driveway. Josh had finally convinced Bryan to show him his 'skills' playing the game. Let me tell you, basketball is not his thing.

"Hey. Mind if I join you?"

I looked at Melanie standing beside me. "No. Pull up a chair. Sit."

She pulled a chair over beside me and stretched out on it. I can see what Tyler sees in her. She's freaking flawless. Seriously, everything about her is perfect.

"God, it's so nice to be able to relax like this. You're lucky you grew up with it." She smiled.

"Yeah. I can't imagine not having a pool. It was like my life source."

"Oh Tyler told me. He said you're crazy about the water."

I laughed. "What else did he say about me?"

"Everything!" She sat up and faced me. "You guys had a crazy friendship. Some of those story were priceless."

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. "What stories?"

She giggled. "They weren't bad, or at least not on your part. You seemed to be the one that showed him up a lot."

"Well, and don't take offense to this in any way, but your boyfriend is an idiot."

"Oh honey, I know. But it's the funny kind of idiocy you know? Like the kind you just have to love."

Very lovable idiot. "I understand. Bry is the same way."

She laid back down on her chair. "What stories can you tell me about him?"

I laughed. "Tons."

"How close were you guys? I mean, were ever more than friends?"

Why is she asking me this? Does she want to find out if we ever dated so she can keep Tyler away? I looked over at her watching me. She smiled.

"I don't care if you were. I'm just curious since Tyler talks about you like you were God himself. It seems like he really liked you."

Try loved. "Well you really wouldn't have anything to be jealous about anyway because nothing ever happened. We were really close, and actually, I would have considered us more than friends but we were never really a couple. We did everything together, but it never made it to the relationship stage."

"What happened? Why aren't you guys close like that now?" She asked.

I took a deep breath. "Ok, I am going to be completely honest with you and I really believe that you won't turn into a crazy, psycho bitch, that doesn't mean Bryan won't. So if you would please keep this one story from him, that would be great."