It hurt me too.

A/N: First of all, I just want to say all of your reactions to the first chapter were perfect. You guys actually thought they would be together. It's not that easy guys. Second, I keep saying I'm not going to post as often on this and focus on my other ones. But this one is so much fun to write and I know you guys love it. So here's the next chapter. Sorry it's kind of boring but there's some key info in it. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UGH! Where is my stupid brother? He's supposed to be helping me clean this grill! I looked around and saw Bryan coming out with a garbage bag. My dad put all of us to work cleaning our mess up.

"Bry, have you seen Josh?" I asked.

He looked up. "Nope. Did he bail on you?"

"Apparently."

"If it makes you feel any better, Adam did too."

Those idiots! They left all the work to us. I'm going to kill them when they come back.

"I'll come help you when I'm done in here." He said.

I nodded. "Thanks."

He kissed the top of my head and went back inside. I sighed and kept scrubbing the racks. I really am going to kill Josh.

"Don't break the brush." Tyler chuckled behind me.

I turned around and glared at him. "Do you think this is funny?"

"Only because you're making it way more difficult than it really is." He said.

"You wanna do it?"

He held out his hand for the brush and I handed it to him willingly.

"So," he started. "How did we manage to avoid each other for three years?"

I looked down at my feet. That was the one thing I didn't want to talk about. "I don't know."

I did know. The summer after we graduated was one of the best of my life. I thought maybe Tyler would step up and keep his promise. I threw myself at him and while he acknowledged it, he didn't do anything. Then one morning I wake up and he's gone. He didn't tell anyone where he was going, but he left me a note. I memorized every word written on it, and it's still in my room somewhere.

Baby, don't be mad at me. I should have told you I was leaving but then you would have wanted to come with me. This is something I need to do on my own. I would have loved to bring you, I just couldn't. I'll explain everything when I come back if you'll let me. If you don't, I'll understand that too. I love you baby. You know that. This summer was perfect, and I'm sorry I had to ruin it like this. I need time to think. I will be back as soon as I'm ready to come back. Don't try to track me down ok. Stay there and have fun for the rest of the summer. Keep an eye out for Adam and Josh, and remember I love you more than anything. Please don't hate me for this, not after I just got you. Again I love you. -Tyler

Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I did hate him after that. I cried for the rest of the summer. When it came time for me to leave for college, I told myself it was for the best. I didn't need Tyler and he obviously didn't need me. So for three years, I had Josh tell me when he was coming home and when his family was going to see him, and I would plan my visits accordingly. Eventually I got to the point where I realized I was being stupid. That's why I'm here now. I need to know that I'm strong enough to see him. So far, I've done a pretty good job.

I looked up and saw that he was looking at me with a pained expression. I knew exactly what was going through his mind. The same thing that was going trough mine.