Chapter 18

Kendall's POV

*Few Hours Later*

"David, Shannon you are under arrest for child neglect and abuse to life in jail" The both are taken away and put in a jail cell "You'll rot in hell for this!" Shannon yells at me "Congrats Kendall, i bet you've wanted this for ages.. Do you want me to drive me back to the orphanage?" "Oh no! i have another foster family i was staying with that love me like their own, before Shannon and David took me away.." i chuckled "Kiddo!" someone yelled, that's when the tears started. I turned around and and ran to Jensen. He engulfed me into the tightest hug possible. We stood there for awhile, just engulfed in his big hug while he was pressing soft kisses to my forehead.

"Dad.. god.." i cried "Shh.. shh.. you don't have to say anything sweetheart" he cooed in my ear. We pulled apart and all i could do was smile widely as the tears were falling like waterfalls. Dad then spoke up "Everyone is waiting right outside" He said "Max? hows he been?" i ask "I'm sorry sweetheart, he stopped coming over after a while.. haven't heard from him since" dad shrugged his shoulders, i nod understanding what he was saying. "Thank you so much for your help officer.." i smile and wave him goodbye.

"Uh before you go is it okay if i get a quick photo with your dad? i'm sorry if it's bad timing" i slightly chuckle and smile "It's totally fine.." i took the photo for him and we left in a happy state. "Mum!" i bolted to her, hugging her.. she was crying more than me. "Honey.. what did they do to you.." she sighed and grazed her fingers over my cuts and bruises "I'm fine now that you guys are actually here.. where are the others? i thought everyone came with you.." i say "The kids are with Gen, Jared and Misha getting hot chocolates.. speak of the devil" mum smiled and nodded behind me.

I turned around and saw three kids running straight towards me. "Sissy!" "Kenny!" They all knocked me down as they literally tackled me to the ground making me laugh. "Are you staying for real!" JJ asked "Yes Monkey! i'm staying forever!" i laughed and kissed each of their cheeks. "Munchkin!" Jared smiled and picked me up from the ground and hugged me "Moose!" i laughed and hugged back. I then hugged aunt Gen and Misha.

*Back in Texas, at Max's House*

I knock on Max's door, eager to finally see him again. After a few moments of waiting he opens the door. He looks so broken and sad with puffy red eyes. "Babe.. it's me!" i exclaimed and rubbed up and down his arm "Kendall? oh my god! Baby girl!" his voice cracks and clings onto me like i'm going to die in his arms. He silently started to sob into my shoulder. "What the hell did they do to you?" Max asked "Abused me.. that's what they did" I replied sadly "Please tell me they locked up.." "For good" I nodded, Max sighed of relief and gave me a long and passionate kiss. His soft lips on mine were long overdue, I was craving his touch, craving his taste.

"I love you.." I say out of the blue but cover my mouth as I realised what I had just said.

"It's okay baby.. I love you too.." he chuckled and kissed me one last time. "I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" I question "Aww.. I just got you back! Come inside with me.." he begged "I would love to babe but I wanna spent time with family.. they haven't seen me in over a year" I replied "Me too! I was worried sick that you were ignoring my calls, hell I even thought you were dead! Now you wanna be away from me!" He argued "Max! I never want to be away from you.. We're going to be together all day tomorrow! I'm the one that's been Beaten up. Been hit. Slapped. Starved. Neglected. Just once I want to spend time with my family!" I yelled slightly.

"Fine! Leave! Fuck off! I don't love you anyway! I never did!" He shouted and slammed the door shut.

I turned around and ran all the way back home.

What the fuck?

He just turned all this on me.

I was the one being abused. Being beaten up. Being hit. Starved. Neglected. And now his saying that I never want to be with him? Fuck him. I don't need him anyway... I totally need him. What was I thinking. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I entered the front door, panting and out of breath."What's wrong sweetheart?" Mum asked "Max.. I think we broke up.." I say as tears form in my eyes "Honey.. come here.. tell mumma what happened" mum cooed and held her arms open for me. I told her the exact conversation Max and I had. "It is not your fault sweetheart.. and to be totally honest I'm glad you chose to hang out with us, i freaking missed you so much, I'm glad your here.. now go and have a nice long relaxing bath and then your father and I have a surprise for you when you come back out" mum smiled.

I did what i was told and when I came back out, papers were in dads hand. "Is that!" i exclaimed and go wide eyed "Welcome to the Ackles family! your officially the newest Ackles!" dad says "YES!" I cheer, and hug mum and dad. I then run over to the forms and sign wherever i needed to sign and we sent then back in the mail.